A selection of Baroness Primarolo's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2007–2015
Has never voted on greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections
Has never voted on a reduction in spending on welfare benefits
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Voted a mixture of for and against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 21 absences, between 2008–2013
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
3 votes for, 1 vote against, 6 absences, between 1999–2012
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Primarolo’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Primarolo’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty's Government, further to the answer by Lord Henley on 20 November, how many start-up companies founded in 2016 they estimate were service companies.
To ask Her Majesty's Government, further to the Written Answer by Lord Henley on 10 November (HL2719), what plans they have to review the impact of Brexit on the corporate governance of UK-registered companies operating outside the UK, including through subsidiaries and other connected persons.
To ask Her Majesty's Government, further to the Written Answer by Lord Nash on 18 September (HL1398), whether they have plans to review the corporate governance of UK-registered companies operating outside the UK, including through subsidiaries and other connected persons.
More of Baroness Primarolo’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 8 December 2015
Previously MP for Bristol South until 30 March 2015 — General election
Entered the House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election
Also represented Bristol South
Topics of interest
- Prescriptions: Fees and Charges
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Financial Exclusion Committee (25 May 2016 to 25 Mar 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (8 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Second Deputy Chairman of Ways and Means (8 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Children, Young People and Families) (13 May 2010 to 8 Jun 2010)
- Minister of State (Department for Children, Schools and Families) (Children, Young People and Families) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Minister of State (Department of Health) (Public Health) (29 Jun 2007 to 8 Jun 2009)
- Member, Tax Law Rewrite Bills (Joint Committee) (2 Dec 2002 to 20 Dec 2004)
- Paymaster General (HM Treasury) (4 Jan 1999 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (30 Oct 1997 to 12 Jan 1999)
- The Financial Secretary to the Treasury (6 May 1997 to 3 Jan 1999)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Treasury) (1 Jun 1994 to 1 Jun 1997)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) (1 Jun 1992 to 1 Jun 1994)
- Member, Members' Interests Committee (11 May 1990 to 16 Mar 1992)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from