A selection of Lord O'Neill of Clackmannan's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Generally voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord O'Neill of Clackmannan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord O'Neill of Clackmannan’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I join other noble Lords in congratulating the noble Baroness, Lady Perry. She is a long-time colleague of mine on the Science and Technology Committee, where her contributions were, like today’s, models of clarity and sensitive perception. My noble friend Lady Jowell in turn showed that she has lost none of the talents that contributed so much to her success in the Commons. I...
That is a first.
More of Lord O'Neill of Clackmannan’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 15 June 2005
Previously MP for Ochil until 11 April 2005 — did not stand for re-election
Entered the House of Commons on 3 May 1979 — General election
Also represented Ochil; Clackmannan; Stirlingshire East and Clackmannan
Currently held offices
- Member, EU Home Affairs Sub-Committee (since 26 May 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (14 Nov 2007 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (21 Nov 2006 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (21 Nov 2006 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chairman, Trade & Industry Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Liaison Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (17 Jan 1996 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Chair, Trade & Industry Committee (27 Nov 1995 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State (1 Jul 1988 to 9 Apr 1992)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (3 May 1979 to 16 Jan 1981)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords. See all Lord O'Neill of Clackmannan’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2005, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 65.82% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 77 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 9 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord O'Neill of Clackmannan’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 93 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from