A selection of Lord Mandelson's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Generally voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Mandelson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Mandelson’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, for the next two years the United Kingdom is entitled to have a commissioner in Brussels during a time when vital national interests will be considered by the Commission and the other EU institutions. Will the noble Baroness inform the House when that vacancy is going to be filled?
Does the noble Lord accept that 60% of British exports are covered by the free trade agreements negotiated and won by the European Union on our behalf—60%?
More of Lord Mandelson’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 13 October 2008
Previously MP for Hartlepool until 8 September 2004 — Resigned
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Hartlepool
Other offices held in the past
- President of the Council, Privy Council Office (23 Mar 2010 to 11 May 2010)
- Secretary of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (13 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Lord President of the Council, Privy Council Office (18 Jun 2009 to 23 Mar 2010)
- Secretary of State, Department for Business, Innovation & Skills (10 Jun 2009 to 13 Oct 2009)
- President of the Council, Privy Council Office (10 Jun 2009 to 18 Jun 2009)
- Lord President of the Council (Privy Council Office) (6 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- The Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills (6 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Secretary of State for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (13 Oct 2008 to 5 Jun 2009)
- Secretary of State, Department for Business, Enterprise & Regulatory Reform (6 Oct 2008 to 10 Jun 2009)
- European Commissioner (22 Nov 2004 to 3 Oct 2008)
- Secretary of State, Northern Ireland Office (11 Oct 1999 to 24 Jan 2001)
- The Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (11 Oct 1999 to 24 Jan 2001)
- Secretary of State for Trade (27 Jul 1998 to 22 Dec 1998)
- Secretary of State, Department of Trade and Industry (27 Jul 1998 to 23 Dec 1998)
- Minister without Portfolio (5 May 1997 to 26 Jul 1998)
- Minister without Portfolio (5 May 1997 to 27 Jul 1998)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords. See all Lord Mandelson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 21.06% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 16 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 44 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Mandelson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 110 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from