A selection of Lord Hutton of Furness's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Generally voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Hutton of Furness’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Hutton of Furness’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they intend to publish an impact assessment before invoking Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what steps they plan to take to ensure continued public access to the archives and collections of the Royal Artillery museum once the existing site at Woolwich is closed.
My Lords, I draw your Lordships’ attention to the interests that I have declared in the Register of Lords’ Interests. I act in the UK as an adviser to Lockheed Martin. I agreed with every word and sentiment in what the Minister said. His speech could have been made by any Defence Minister any time during the past 50 years—in fact, it almost certainly has been—but he...
More of Lord Hutton of Furness’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 1 July 2010
Previously MP for Barrow and Furness until 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Barrow and Furness
Topics of interest
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Service and Demographic Change Committee (8 Nov 2012 to 5 Mar 2013)
- Secretary of State, Ministry of Defence (6 Oct 2008 to 10 Jun 2009)
- The Secretary of State for Defence (3 Oct 2008 to 5 Jun 2009)
- Secretary of State for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (28 Jun 2007 to 3 Oct 2008)
- Secretary of State, Department for Business, Enterprise & Regulatory Reform (28 Jun 2007 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Secretary of State, Department for Work and Pensions (3 Nov 2005 to 28 Jun 2007)
- The Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (2 Nov 2005 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, Cabinet Office (11 May 2005 to 3 Nov 2005)
- Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster (Cabinet Office) (6 May 2005 to 2 Nov 2005)
- Minister of State, Department of Health (11 Oct 1999 to 11 May 2005)
- Minister of State (Department of Health) (Health) (11 Oct 1999 to 6 May 2005)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Health) (29 Oct 1998 to 11 Oct 1999)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department of Health (27 Oct 1998 to 11 Oct 1999)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (12 Dec 1994 to 21 Mar 1997)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from