A selection of Lord Hutton of Furness's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Hutton of Furness’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Hutton of Furness’s full vote analysis page for more.
I am grateful to the Minister for his comments, which have been very clear, but where I am struggling with his account of this part of the Bill is his saying that the regulator has almost an implied power to review, for example, whether a newly appointed trustee is a fit and proper person. There is nowhere in the Bill so far as I can see where that implied power is expressed. It is always...
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether measures are in place to protect Ministry of Defence procurement budgets from the fall in the value of sterling against the US dollar and the Euro; and if so, what those measures are.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they intend to publish an impact assessment before invoking Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union.
More of Lord Hutton of Furness’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 1 July 2010
Previously MP for Barrow and Furness until 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Barrow and Furness
Topics of interest
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Service and Demographic Change Committee (8 Nov 2012 to 5 Mar 2013)
- Secretary of State, Ministry of Defence (6 Oct 2008 to 10 Jun 2009)
- The Secretary of State for Defence (3 Oct 2008 to 5 Jun 2009)
- Secretary of State for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (28 Jun 2007 to 3 Oct 2008)
- Secretary of State, Department for Business, Enterprise & Regulatory Reform (28 Jun 2007 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Secretary of State, Department for Work and Pensions (3 Nov 2005 to 28 Jun 2007)
- The Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (2 Nov 2005 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, Cabinet Office (11 May 2005 to 3 Nov 2005)
- Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster (Cabinet Office) (6 May 2005 to 2 Nov 2005)
- Minister of State, Department of Health (11 Oct 1999 to 11 May 2005)
- Minister of State (Department of Health) (Health) (11 Oct 1999 to 6 May 2005)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Health) (29 Oct 1998 to 11 Oct 1999)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department of Health (27 Oct 1998 to 11 Oct 1999)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (12 Dec 1994 to 21 Mar 1997)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from