A selection of Baroness Hughes of Stretford's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Has never voted on encouraging occupational pensions
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Consistently voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Hughes of Stretford’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Hughes of Stretford’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, this Bill rehearses a number of themes with which we are all very familiar because we know they are important to improving the outcomes for children in care, and it revisits those themes with further measures. While we would all welcome the opportunity to improve the system even further, it is at the same time dispiriting that we need to return to these issues because the outcomes...
I really meant that, in the event that the provisions of government Amendment 24 were to be invoked because an academy was either coasting or failing, what did the Minister envisage would be the timescale to get it back on track?
My Lords, I welcome the opportunity to respond to the amendments in this group after our deliberations in Committee. Before doing so, I apologise to the House: I very much wanted to take a full part in this debate, having raised many of these issues in Committee, but I have a personal appointment first thing in the morning in Manchester which I must keep. I am afraid that I have had to book a...
More of Baroness Hughes of Stretford’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 26 July 2010
Previously MP for Stretford and Urmston until 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Also represented Stretford and Urmston
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
Currently held offices
- Member, EU Justice Sub-Committee (since 12 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Spokesperson (Education) (13 Oct 2010 to 1 Jul 2014)
- Minister of State (Children, Young People and Families; Minister for the North West), Department for Children, Schools and Families (13 Jul 2007 to 10 Jun 2009)
- Minister of State, Department for Children, Schools and Families (28 Jun 2007 to 13 Jul 2007)
- Minister of State (Department for Children, Schools and Families) (Children and Youth Justice) (and Minister for the North West) (28 Jun 2007 to 5 Jun 2009)
- Minister of State (Children, Young People and Families), Department for Education and Skills (17 Jun 2005 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Minister of State (Children), Department for Education and Skills (11 May 2005 to 17 Jun 2005)
- Minister of State (Education and Skills) (Children, Young People and Families) (10 May 2005 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Minister of State (Citizenship and Immigration), Home Office (29 May 2002 to 1 Apr 2004)
- Minister of State (Home Office) (Citizenship, Immigration and Counter-Terrorism) (29 May 2002 to 1 Apr 2004)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Home Office (11 Jun 2001 to 29 May 2002)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department (11 Jun 2001 to 28 May 2002)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Environment, Transport and the Regions) (29 Jul 1999 to 7 Jun 2001)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions (28 Jul 1999 to 11 Jun 2001)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (16 Jul 1997 to 9 Nov 1998)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from