Entered the House of Lords on 17 January 2011
Previously MP for Arundel and South Downs until 11 April 2005 — did not stand for re-election
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Party was Conservative until 24 Mar 2005; Independent until 11 Apr 2005
Also represented Arundel and South Downs
Currently held offices
- Member, Delegated Powers and Regulatory Reform Committee (since 8 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Finance Bill Sub-Committee (10 Jan 2017 to 17 Mar 2017)
- Member, EU Sub Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs, and International Trade (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Deputy Chairman (Special Envoy To the City), Conservative Party (17 Mar 2005 to 29 Mar 2005)
- Deputy Chair, Conservative Party (1 Dec 2004 to 1 Mar 2005)
- Special Envoy To the City of London, Economic Affairs (9 Sep 2004 to 17 Mar 2005)
- Shadow Chief Secretary To the Treasury, Economic Affairs (10 May 2004 to 9 Sep 2004)
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury (23 Jul 2002 to 1 Dec 2004)
- Member, Social Security Committee (20 Jul 1998 to 26 Jul 1999)
- Member, Environment Sub-committee (15 Jul 1997 to 20 Jul 1998)
- Member, Environment, Transport & Regional Affairs Committee (14 Jul 1997 to 20 Jul 1998)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Apr 2005.
1. Remunerated directorships
Investec Asset Management associated companies:-
Investec Global Strategy Fund Ltd.
Investec International Accumulation Fund Ltd.
Other remunerated directorships
Director, Avebury Asset Management Limited; specialist bond fund management company.
European Enhanced Income PLC
; closed-ended investment trust investing in high yielding European bonds, managed by Alliance Capital.
Director, Durlacher Corporation PLC; investment bank.
*Investec Asset Management Ltd subsidiaries and associated companies:-
Director, Gulf Overseas Investment Fund Limited.
Investec Select Funds PLC (Ireland).
Investec Investment Management Ltd.
Halliday Flight Halliday Ltd.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Consultant to PIMA
; investment management industry PEPs and ISAs representative company.
4. Sponsorship or financial or material support
8. Land and Property
Ski chalet in France, beneficially owned, rented out for holiday lets.
Flat in London, from which rental income is received.
Flat let in West Sussex
, from which rental income is received.
9. Registrable shareholdings
(a) Halliday Flight Halliday Ltd; small, family property company.
(b) Imparo Limited; quoted venture capital business providing educational software
) Limited; unquoted venture capital business specialising in research and development for improved car engine performance.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register