A selection of Lord Fearn's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, between 1997–2010
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 1999
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
5 votes for, 2 votes against, 8 absences, between 2008–2011
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Fearn’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Fearn’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty's Government how many schools and colleges have been (1) closed, and (2) amalgamated, in Sefton during the last five years to date.
To ask Her Majesty's Government when was HM Prison Liverpool inspected in (1) 2016, and (2) 2017.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what legal autonomous operation of aircraft is allowed during which a remotely piloted aircraft is operated without pilot intervention in the management of the flight.
More of Lord Fearn’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 15 October 2001
Previously MP for Southport until 14 May 2001 — General election
Positions held at time of appointment: Member of Parliament for Southport, 1987-92 and 1997-2001. Liberal Democrat spokesman for: health, tourism, housing, transport, 1989-92, national heritage, constitution and civil service (tourism), 1997-99; culture, media and sport (tourism), 1999-2001. (from Number 10 press release)
Entered the House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election
Also represented Southport
Other offices held in the past
- Member, EU Sub Committee B - Internal Market, Infrastructure and Employment (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market, Energy and Transport (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market (26 Nov 2003 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B (13 Nov 2002 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (28 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration (17 Jun 1987 to 16 Mar 1992)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Fearn’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 32.11% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 4 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Fearn’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from