A selection of Lord Fearn's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
5 votes for, 2 votes against, 8 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 1999
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, between 1997–2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Fearn’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Fearn’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Leader of the House how many of the current members of the House of Lords have attended the House on an average of two days per week during full sitting weeks during the last year for which figures are available.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government by how much the Mersey Forest was extended during (1) 2014, (2) 2015 and (3) 2016 to date; and where new woodland was created as part of that forest.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government how many canals were fully self-operating during (1) 2014, (2) 2015, and (3) 2016 to date.
More of Lord Fearn’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 15 October 2001
Previously MP for Southport until 14 May 2001 — General election
Positions held at time of appointment: Member of Parliament for Southport, 1987-92 and 1997-2001. Liberal Democrat spokesman for: health, tourism, housing, transport, 1989-92, national heritage, constitution and civil service (tourism), 1997-99; culture, media and sport (tourism), 1999-2001. (from Number 10 press release)
Entered the House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election
Also represented Southport
Other offices held in the past
- Member, EU Sub Committee B - Internal Market, Infrastructure and Employment (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market, Energy and Transport (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market (26 Nov 2003 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B (13 Nov 2002 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (28 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration (17 Jun 1987 to 16 Mar 1992)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Fearn’s speeches
- Has received answers to 16 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 33.71% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 4 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Fearn’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from