A selection of Lord Bruce of Bennachie's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Almost always voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Bruce of Bennachie’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Bruce of Bennachie’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I am delighted to follow the noble Baroness, and concur with her that we are living in very dangerously uncertain times. People talk about uncertainty, but there is real danger, not only here but across Europe. I want to address two specific issues in this debate, and just draw attention to my entry in the Register of Members’ Interests. The first is the impact on the quality...
First, I congratulate the right reverend Prelate on her speech and on her passionate espousal of her own area of the north-east of England. Of course, in Scotland the north-east is the area around Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire, but both areas are equally feisty and equally beautiful, and we all enjoyed her speech very much. I would have spoken in the debate on Monday, had I been here, because of...
Does my noble friend not also think that Michael Gove let the cat out of the bag when he said that what he really hoped was that once Britain left the EU, the EU would disintegrate, and that is really his objective?
More of Lord Bruce of Bennachie’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 19 November 2015
Previously MP for Gordon until 30 March 2015 — General election
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Also represented Gordon
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Trade and Industry
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Export Credits Guarantee Department
- Green Ministers
Other offices held in the past
- Deputy Leader, Liberal Democrats (29 Jan 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (13 Jan 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (10 Mar 2008 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, International Development Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, International Development Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 14 Jul 2005)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (11 Jul 2005 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills (1 Jun 2003 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (1 Jan 2001 to 1 Jan 2002)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (3 Nov 1999 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Treasury Committee (15 Nov 1995 to 31 Jul 1998)
- Member, Treasury & Civil Service Committee (28 Nov 1994 to 8 Nov 1995)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Treasury) (1 Jan 1994 to 1 Jan 1999)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (26 Oct 1992 to 28 Nov 1994)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (27 Apr 1992 to 9 Nov 1992)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Trade and Industry) (1 Jan 1992 to 1 Jan 1994)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Scotland) (1 Jan 1990 to 1 Jan 1992)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Energy and Climate Change) (1 Jan 1988 to 1 Jan 1989)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (1 Jan 1988 to 1 Jan 1989)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (17 Jun 1987 to 15 Feb 1990)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Trade and Industry) (1 Jan 1987 to 1 Jan 1988)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (1 Jan 1987 to 1 Jan 1987)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Energy and Climate Change) (1 Jan 1985 to 1 Jan 1987)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (9 Jun 1983 to 15 May 1987)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
£250 received from Wroxton College, Wroxton OX15 6PX, for preparing and delivering a talk on 7 May 2014
. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 19 May 2014)
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: The European Azerbaijan Society
Address of donor: 15 Queen Anne’s Gate, London SW1H 9BU
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £2,423, comprising £1,943 for flights and £480 for 4 nights at a hotel
Date of visit: 26 May to 29 May 2014
Purpose of visit: to meet with political and parliamentary figures including the President of the Republic, ministers, the British Ambassador, local public service centres, representatives of international organisations and human rights groups.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from