A selection of Baroness Boothroyd's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
Has never voted on removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Boothroyd’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Boothroyd’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, since councils lost the powers of licensing short lets last year, is it correct that the only recourse that other residents in a block have in cases of threatening behaviour or damage to the property is to call the police?
My Lords, as we have no Commissioner at the moment in Europe and we are informed that we must continue as full members of Europe, is it not right that we should appoint a new Commissioner to that organisation?
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what action they propose to take to deal with the recent increase in hate crimes and community tensions reported by the National Police Chiefs Council.
More of Baroness Boothroyd’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 16 January 2001
Previously MP for West Bromwich West until 23 October 2000 — Resigned
Entered the House of Commons on 24 May 1973 — unknown
Party was Speaker until 23 Oct 2000
Also represented West Bromwich West; West Bromwich
Other offices held in the past
- Speaker of the House of Commons (9 Apr 1992 to 23 Oct 2000)
- Second Deputy Chairman of Ways and Means (1 Jul 1987 to 1 Apr 1992)
- Member, Standing Orders Committee (17 Jun 1987 to 15 Nov 1988)
- Member, Court of Referees (17 Jun 1987 to 1 Jan 2000)
- Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee (1 Aug 1981 to 31 Jul 1987)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Overseas Development Sub-Committee (3 May 1979 to 29 Oct 1980)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (3 May 1979 to 3 Apr 1981)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (3 May 1979 to 1 Jan 2000)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (23 Nov 1978 to 9 Jun 1983)
- Member, Sound Broadcasting Committee (1 Nov 1978 to 9 Jun 1983)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (24 Oct 1974 to 4 Nov 1975)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 54 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords. See all Baroness Boothroyd’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 29.06% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 27 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 24 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Boothroyd’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 50 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from