– in a Public Bill Committee at 12:00 am on 23rd January 2018.
Before we begin, will everyone ensure that their phones are switched to silent, including me, and remove all signs of illicit tea and coffee? We have three motions to consider, which we can hopefully do formally. We are considering the programme motion, a motion to enable the reporting and publication of evidence, and a motion to allow us to deliberate in private about questions before the oral evidence session.
(1) the Committee shall (in addition to its first meeting at 9.25 am on Tuesday
(a) at 2.00 pm on Tuesday
(b) at 11.30 am and 2.00 pm on Thursday
(c) at 9.25 am and 2.00 pm on Tuesday
(d) at 11.30 am and 2.00 pm on Thursday
(2) the Committee shall hear oral evidence in accordance with the following Table:
Until no later than 10.25 am
British Chambers of Commerce; Agency Sector Management; Association of Freight Software Suppliers
Until no later than 11.25 am
Jeremey White, Barrister; Customs Associates Ltd; Fairtrade; Which?
Until no later than 2.45 pm
Trades Union Congress; Unite; GMB; Public and Commercial Services Union
Until no later than 3.15 pm
Until no later than 4.15 pm
UK Chamber of Shipping; British International Freight Association; British Ports Association
Until no later than 5 pm
UK Steel; Chemical Industries Association; British Ceramic Confederation
(3) proceedings on consideration of the Bill in Committee shall be taken in the following order: Clauses 1 to 3; Schedules 1 and 2; Clauses 4 to 10; Schedule 3; Clauses 11 to 13; Schedules 4 and 5; Clauses 14 to 20; Schedule 6; Clauses 21 to 29; Schedule 7; Clauses 30 to 43; Schedule 8; Clauses 44 to 50; Schedule 9; Clauses 51 to 56; new Clauses; new Schedules; remaining proceedings on the Bill;
(4) the proceedings shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at 5.00 pm on Thursday
The deadline for amendments to be considered at the first line-by-line sitting of the Committee was the rise of the House yesterday and the next deadline will be the rise of the House on Thursday for the Committee’s sitting a week today. Copies of written evidence that the Committee receives will be made available in the Committee Room.