Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.Donate to our crowdfunder
‘(1) The Secretary of State may by regulations provide for the creation and maintenance of a register of household premises in the United Kingdom that are subject to greater flood risk for the purposes of regulations under section (Flood insurance obligations).
(2) The regulations may provide for the levels of flood risk to which premises are subject to be divided into two or more bands (“risk bands”), and may prescribe the upper and lower limits of each band.
(3) The regulations may provide for the register to specify the level of flood risk to which particular household premises are subject by specifying the risk band applicable to the premises.
(4) The regulations may provide for premises of a description specified in the regulations to be excluded from the register, and the premises excluded may include in particular premises where construction is completed on or after a date specified in the regulations.
(5) The regulations may—
(a) specify the information to be contained in the register;
(b) make provision about access to the information contained in the register;
(c) provide for the publication of the register in whole or in part;
(d) provide for the disclosure of information contained in the register;
(e) provide for notification if premises are entered in, or omitted from, the register.
(6) Regulations made under subsection (5)(d) may provide for—
(a) the persons to whom information or any description of information contained in the register may be disclosed,
(b) the imposition of conditions on persons to whom information contained in the register is disclosed, including conditions limiting further disclosure;
(c) penalties for non-compliance with conditions imposed under paragraph (b).
(7) The regulations may require applications for premises to be entered in the register to be made by or on behalf of a person who has the qualifying interest in the premises.
(8) The regulations may provide for premises to be omitted from the register at the request of a person who has the qualifying interest in the premises.
(9) Before making regulations under this section the Secretary of State must consult—
(a) the Welsh Ministers;
(b) the Scottish Ministers;
(c) the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development in Northern Ireland.’—(Dan Rogerson.)