Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.Donate to our crowdfunder
‘(1) The Secretary of State may by regulations make provision about—
(a) the provision of information, and
(b) the production of documents,
by insurers for the purposes of regulations under section (Flood insurance obligations).
(2) The regulations may in particular require an insurer to provide information of a prescribed description or produce documents of a prescribed description for the purpose of showing, in relation to a prescribed period—
(a) whether or not an insurer is a relevant insurer;
(b) whether or not an exemption applies (see section (Flood insurance obligations)(5)(b)).
(3) The regulations may in particular require an insurer to provide information or produce documents about—
(a) the insurance policies issued by it in a prescribed period that provide cover against prescribed descriptions of risk;
(b) the value of the insurance policies so issued;
(c) insurance policies so issued that do not remain in force to the end of the period of cover;
(d) the value of such insurance policies.
(4) The regulations may provide for information to be provided or documents to be produced to the Secretary of State or a person acting on behalf of the Secretary of State.
(5) The regulations may make provision—
(a) about the time within which information must be provided or documents produced;
(b) about the form in which information is to be provided;
(c) about the place where documents are to be produced;
(d) requiring information to be verified in a prescribed manner;
(e) requiring documents to be authenticated in a prescribed manner.
(6) The regulations may make provision about—
(a) the persons to whom, and the purposes for which, information supplied by an insurer may be disclosed;
(b) the publication of information by the Secretary of State about the amount of insurance business of a prescribed description done by insurers, taken together.
(7) In this section “prescribed” means specified in or determined in accordance with regulations under this section.’—(Dan Rogerson.)