Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.Donate to our crowdfunder
‘(1) The Secretary of State may, from time to time, by regulations prescribe a number to be a target number for the purposes of regulations under section (Flood insurance obligations).
(2) A target number is the number of registered premises to be covered against a prescribed description of risk by insurance policies issued in a prescribed period by those relevant insurers upon whom obligations are imposed by regulations under section (Flood insurance obligations).
(3) The regulations may prescribe different target numbers for different descriptions of risk.
(4) The regulations may in particular provide for a target number to be expressed as a percentage of the number of registered premises.
(5) The regulations may, at any one time, prescribe target numbers for two or more consecutive prescribed periods.
(6) In this section “prescribed” means specified in or determined in accordance with regulations under this section.’—(Dan Rogerson.)