‘(1) The Secretary of State must prepare and publish a plan for achieving the principal purpose set out in section [Purpose of Part 1] in England.
(2) The plan must establish specific aims and describe the proposed means of achieving them together with methods for reporting on progress towards meeting them.
(3) In preparing the plan, the Secretary of State must take account of any plans produced under section 60(2) of the Climate Change (Scotland) Act 2009.
(4) Where an aim is designated under this section, the Secretary of State must take all reasonable steps to achieve the aim.
(5) The plan prepared under subsection (1) must be published no later than 12 months after the day on which this section comes into force.
(6) The Secretary of State must, as soon as reasonably practicable after publishing a plan under this section lay it before Parliament.
(7) The Secretary of State must, within one year of each order setting a carbon budget under section 8(1) of the Climate Change Act 2008, review the plan prepared and published under this section.
(8) Where, following a review under subsection (7), the Secretary of State varies the plan, he must, as soon as reasonably practicable after so doing, publish the plan as so varied.’.—(Luciana Berger.)