Part of – in a Public Bill Committee at 1:45 pm on 26th February 2009.
Applications without notice
(1) An application under section [Applications for injunctions under section [Injunctions to prevent gang-related violence]] may be made without the respondent being given notice.
(2) In this Part, such an application is referred to as an application without notice.
(3) Section [Consultation by applicants for injunctions](1) does not apply in relation to an application without notice.
(4) If an application without notice is made the court must either
(a) dismiss the application, or
(b) adjourn the proceedings.
(5) If the court acts under subsection (4)(b), the applicant must comply with the consultation requirement before the date of the first full hearing.
(6) In this section full hearing means a hearing of which notice has been given to the applicant and respondent in accordance with rules of court..(Mr. Campbell.)