Reporting on progress in connection with adaptation
(1) Each report of the Committee on Climate Change under section 35 to which this section applies must contain an assessment of the progress made towards implementing the objectives, proposals and policies set out in the programmes laid before Parliament under section 56 (adaptation to climate change).
(2) This section applies to the report in the second year after that in which the Secretary of State lays the first programme under section 56 before Parliament.
(3) After that, this section applies to the report under section 35 in every second year after that in which the Committee last made a report to which this section applies, subject to any order under subsection (4).
(4) The Secretary of State may by order provide that this section shall apply to the report under section 35 in the year specified in the order and in every subsequent year.
(5) An order under subsection (4) is subject to negative resolution procedure..[Mr. Woolas.]