Register of debenture holders
‘(1) Any register of debenture holders of a company that is kept by the company must be kept available for inspection—
(a) at the company’s registered office, or
(b) at another place in the part of the United Kingdom in which the company is registered.
(2) A company must give notice to the registrar of the place where any such register is kept available for inspection and of any change in that place.
(3) No such notice is required if the register has, at all times since it came into existence, been kept available for inspection at the company’s registered office.
(4) If a company makes default for 14 days in complying with subsection (2), an offence is committed by—
(a) the company, and
(b) every officer of the company who is in default.
(5) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale and in the case of continued contravention to a daily default fine not exceeding one-tenth of level 3 on the standard scale.
(6) References in this section to a register of debenture holders include a duplicate—
(a) of a register of debenture holders that is kept outside the United Kingdom, or
(b) of any part of such a register.’.—[Margaret Hodge.]