– in a Public Bill Committee on 25th March 2004.
(1) during proceedings on the Justice (Northern Ireland) Bill the Standing Committee shall meet on Thursdays at 9.10 am and 2.30 pm;
(2) 4 sittings shall be allotted to the consideration of the Bill in Committee;
(3) the proceedings shall be taken in the following order: Clause 1, Schedule 1, Clauses 2 to 4, New Clauses relating to removal or suspension from judicial offices, Clauses 5 to 10, Schedule 2, Clauses 11 to 15, Schedule 3, Clauses 16 and 17, Schedule 4, Clauses 18 to 22, Other New Clauses, New Schedules, remaining proceedings on the Bill;
(4) Proceedings on the Bill shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at 5.00 pm on Thursday 1st April 2004.—[Mr. Spellar.]
I remind the Committee that there is a money resolution in connection with the Bill, copies of which are available in the Room. Adequate notice should be given of amendments. As a general rule, I do not intend to call starred amendments, including any that may be reached during an afternoon sitting.Clause 1 Transfer to Lord Chancellor of functions relating to Judicial Appointments Commission