'After section 45 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 (c.43) there is inserted—
''45A Arrangements for separate collection of recyclable waste
(1) This section applies to any waste collection authority whose area is in England (an ''English waste collection authority'').
(2) Where an English waste collection authority has a duty by virtue of section 45(1)(a) above to arrange for the collection of household waste from any premises, the authority shall ensure that the arrangements it makes in relation to those premises include the arrangements mentioned in subsection (3) below, unless it is satisfied that (in that case)—
(a) the cost of doing so would be unreasonably high; or
(b) comparable alternative arrangements are available.
(3) The arrangements are arrangements for the collection of at least two types of recyclable waste together or individually separated from the rest of the household waste.
(4) The requirement in subsection (2) above shall apply from 31st December 2010.
(5) The Secretary of State may, if requested to do so by an English waste collection authority, direct the authority that subsection (4) above shall have effect in relation to that authority as if the date mentioned there were such later date as may be specified in the direction (being a date no later than 31st December 2015).
(6) In this section, ''recyclable waste'' means household waste which is capable of being recycled or composted.''.'.
Brought up, read the First and Second time, and added to the Bill.