Pig Industry

Part of the debate – in the Northern Ireland Assembly at 3:00 pm on 5th October 1998.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Robert McCartney Robert McCartney UKUP 3:00 pm, 5th October 1998

Dr Paisley has said that killing and processing have been reduced by 40% owing to the fire at Lovell & Christmas in Ballymoney. Is he aware that the remaining 60% capacity is increasingly being taken up by the processing of pigs imported from the Republic of Ireland?