Tuesday, 15 March 2022
The Assembly met at 10:30 am (Deputy Speaker [Mr McGlone] in the Chair). Members observed two minutes' silence.
The Speaker has been informed by the Chief Electoral Officer that Paul Rankin has been returned as a Member of the Assembly for the Lagan Valley constituency [Interruption] — Members,...
The first item in the Order Paper is the consideration of business not concluded on Monday 14 March. All business yesterday was concluded, so we will move on.
The Minister is unwell today and is self-isolating. She informed the Speaker's Office of that and will participate remotely. I invite her to come on-screen. It is good to see you, Minister; I...
I call the Minister of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs to move the Final Stage on behalf of the Minister of Education.
I advise Members that questions 6, 8, 11, 13 and 15 have been withdrawn.
1. Mr Durkan asked the Minister of Health whether he will bid for the funding to deliver the Northern Ireland Ambulance Service (NIAS) clinical response model (CRM). (AQO 3274/17-22)
2. Mr G Kelly asked the Minister of Health what contingencies his Department has in place to offset the loss of health funding provided by the European social fund. (AQO 3275/17-22)
3. Ms Sugden asked the Minister of Health whether he plans to review GP contracts with the Health and Social Care Board (HSCB) to provide primary care services. (AQO 3276/17-22)
4. Mrs D Kelly asked the Minister of Health to outline the availability of services for children under the age of 16 with symptoms of long COVID. (AQO 3277/17-22)
5. Mr Storey asked the Minister of Health to outline the impact that abolishing hospital car parking charges will have on healthcare budgets in the Northern Health and Social Care Trust. (AQO...
T1. Mr McGlone asked the Minister of Health for a progress report on the £700 million road map that was announced last June to address hospital waiting times, given that, at that time,...
T2. Mr Blair asked the Minister of Health to outline the immediate action that he is taking to address the pressures being experienced by emergency departments in Northern Ireland, particularly...
T3. Mr Gildernew asked the Minister of Health to confirm whether he will make decisions on the duty of candour, stroke services or workforce planning before the end of the mandate, given that the...
T4. Mr Easton asked the Minister of Health how important he considers the independent living fund (ILF) to be. (AQT 2154/17-22)
T5. Ms Ennis asked the Minister of Health, who will know that he announced in January that trusts had been instructed to reopen day centres and respite centres, to state when those services will...
Questions 4 and 8 have been withdrawn.
1. Mr Nesbitt asked the Assembly Commission how many people employed by the Commission are currently working from home (AQO 3289/17-22)
2. Mr Stewart asked the Assembly Commission for an update on the Women Parliamentarians of Northern Ireland exhibition. (AQO 3290/17-22)
3. Mr Delargy asked the Assembly Commission when the working group on the review of the display of artefacts in Parliament Buildings is expected to complete its work. (AQO 3291/17-22)
5. Mr McGrath asked the Assembly Commission what consideration it has given to rewilding the lawns at Parliament Buildings to encourage biodiversity and support pollinators. (AQO 3293/17-22)
6. Mr K Buchanan asked the Assembly Commission for an update on the action it is taking to deal with water ingress into Parliament Buildings, following previous roof repairs. (AQO 3294/17-22)
7. Mr Gildernew asked the Assembly Commission, in light of the easing of public health restrictions, for an update on the measures in place to ensure the safety of visitors, staff and Members in...
9. Mr Allister asked the Assembly Commission whether it will revisit the request to site a Northern Ireland centenary stone in the grounds of Parliament Buildings. (AQO 3297/17-22)
10. Mr Storey asked the Assembly Commission whether the Department of Finance has consulted the Commission in relation to the review of policies governing commemorative events and memorials on...
11. Miss Woods asked the Assembly Commission for an update on work to divest the Northern Ireland Assembly Members' pension scheme from fossil fuel companies. (AQO 3299/17-22)
12. Ms S Bradley asked the Assembly Commission to outline the annual energy cost for Parliament Buildings. (AQO 3300/17-22)
14. Mr Robinson asked the Assembly Commission what events are planned to celebrate the Queen's platinum jubilee in Parliament Buildings. (AQO 3302/17-22)
Mr Colin McGrath has given notice of a question for urgent oral answer to the Minister of Health. I remind Members that, if they wish to ask a supplementary question, they should rise continually...
I beg to move That Standing Order 42(1) be suspended in respect of the Fair Employment (School Teachers) Bill.
I call Mr Chris Lyttle to move the Consideration Stage of the Fair Employment (School Teachers) Bill. Moved. — [Mr Lyttle.]
I beg to move That the Marriage, Civil Partnership and Civil Registration (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2022 (S.R. 2022/48) be annulled.
I beg to move That Standing Order 42(1) be suspended in respect of the Further Consideration Stage of the Period Products (Free Provision) Bill.
I call Mr Pat Catney to move the Further Consideration Stage of the Period Products (Free Provision) Bill. Moved.—[Mr Catney.]
The current Northern Ireland Assembly was established in 1998 as part of the Belfast Agreement. It was suspended on the 14th of October 2002, and remained suspended until 8th May 2007.
Between 8 May 2006 and 22 November 2006 the Assembly established under the Northern Ireland Act 2006, and between November 2006 and January 2007 the Transitional Assembly created by the Northern Ireland (St Andrews Agreement) Act 2006, met in order to prepare for the restoration of devolved government.