Monday, 16 April 2012
The Assembly met at 12.00 noon (Mr Principal Deputy Speaker [Mr Molloy] in the Chair). Members observed two minutes’ silence.
1. asked the Minister of the Environment for an update on the consultation on taxi operator licensing fees. (AQO 1693/11-15)
2. asked the Minister of the Environment for an update on the amendments to draft PPS 16 in regard to rural tourism. (AQO 1694/11-15)
3. asked the Minister of the Environment what discussions his Department has had with Armagh City and District Council in relation to the regeneration of Armagh jail. (AQO 1695/11-15)
4. asked the Minister of the Environment how many applications for wind turbines have been submitted in the last year. (AQO 1696/11-15)
1. asked the Minister for Social Development to outline his strategy to deal with unfitness of dwellings in rural areas, especially in the Armagh area. (AQO 1706/11-15)
2. asked the Minister for Social Development for an update on the introduction of legislation to facilitate business improvement districts (BIDs). (AQO 1707/11-15)
3. asked the Minister for Social Development for his assessment of the adequacy of shared and smaller-type housing in the Foyle area to deal with the consequences of welfare reform. (AQO 1708/11-15)
4. asked the Minister for Social Development whether he plans to develop a housing strategy. (AQO 1709/11-15)
I will ask question 5, Mr Speaker, although the Minister may have answered it to some degree.
The current Northern Ireland Assembly was established in 1998 as part of the Belfast Agreement. It was suspended on the 14th of October 2002, and remained suspended until 8th May 2007.
Between 8 May 2006 and 22 November 2006 the Assembly established under the Northern Ireland Act 2006, and between November 2006 and January 2007 the Transitional Assembly created by the Northern Ireland (St Andrews Agreement) Act 2006, met in order to prepare for the restoration of devolved government.