Monday, 7 February 2011
The Assembly met at 12.00 noon (Mr Speaker in the Chair). Members observed two minutes’ silence.
I beg to move That Standing Orders 10(2) to 10(4) be suspended for 7 February 2011.
I have received notice from the Minister of Education that she wishes to make a statement to the House.
I have received notice from the Minister of Finance and Personnel that he wishes to make a statement on the meeting of the North/South Ministerial Council in special EU programmes sectoral format.
I have received notice from the Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety that he wishes to make a statement.
The next item on the Order Paper is the Further Consideration Stage of the Employment (No.2) Bill. The Minister for Employment and Learning has notified me that he is unable to attend the House...
The next item in the Order Paper is the Further Consideration Stage of the Local Government Finance Bill. I call the Minister of the Environment. Moved. — [The Minister of the Environment...
Mr Wells, you indicated that you wanted to raise a point of order with regard to the Further Consideration Stage of the Wildlife and Natural Environment Bill. You may do so now.
Before Question Time begins, I warn Members who would get up and try to ask multiple supplementary questions that that will not be allowed. I know that supplementary questions can sometimes take...
1. asked the First Minister and deputy First Minister to outline progress in relation to the sustainable development strategy. (AQO 949/11)
2. asked the First Minister and the deputy First Minister what actions their Department is taking to ensure continued efficiency and to reduce departmental administrative costs. (AQO 950/11)
3. asked the First Minister and deputy First Minister how their Department intends to build on the goodwill generated by the recent ministerial visit to Brussels including the potential to secure...
4. asked the First Minister and deputy First Minister when their Department will publish its response to the consultation on the draft programme for cohesion, sharing and integration. (AQO 952/11)
5. asked the First Minister and deputy First Minister for an update on the review of arm’s-length bodies being carried out by the Budget review group. (AQO 953/11)
1. asked the Minister of Justice to outline the current level of threat posed by dissident republicans. (AQO 964/11)
2. asked the Minister of Justice how many people have been questioned, charged, prosecuted or sentenced in relation to the paramilitary funeral of John Brady in Strabane in October 2009. (AQO 965/11)
3. asked the Minister of Justice what processes he has put in place to reduce the reoffending rates for prisoners and the associated annual cost of £80 million. (AQO 966/11)
4. asked the Minister of Justice what discussions he has had with the director of the Prison Service regarding the appointment of the new governor of Magilligan prison. (AQO 967/11)
5. asked the Minister of Justice to outline his plans for the rebuilding of Magilligan prison. (AQO 968/11)
6. asked the Minister of Justice what steps he will take to safeguard the work currently carried out by the Probation Board, given that it might have to make 60 staff redundant. (AQO 969/11)
7. asked the Minister of Justice for his assessment of his Department’s draft community safety strategy, ‘Building Safer, Shared and Confident Communities’. (AQO 970/11)
Clause 1 (Duty to conserve biodiversity) Debate resumed on amendment Nos 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7, which amendments were: No 1: In page 1, line 4, leave out “further the conservation...
As with similar motions, this will be treated as a business motion. Therefore, there will be no debate. Resolved: That Mr John McCallister replace Mr David McClarty as a member of the Committee...
I beg to move That, in accordance with Standing Order 33(4), the period referred to in Standing Order 33(2) be extended to 1 March 2011, in relation to the Committee Stage of the Planning Bill...
I call the sponsor, Mr John McCallister, to move the Further Consideration Stage of the Caravans Bill. Moved. — [Mr McCallister.]
The current Northern Ireland Assembly was established in 1998 as part of the Belfast Agreement. It was suspended on the 14th of October 2002, and remained suspended until 8th May 2007.
Between 8 May 2006 and 22 November 2006 the Assembly established under the Northern Ireland Act 2006, and between November 2006 and January 2007 the Transitional Assembly created by the Northern Ireland (St Andrews Agreement) Act 2006, met in order to prepare for the restoration of devolved government.