A selection of Anas Sarwar's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Almost always voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Generally voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Anas Sarwar’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Anas Sarwar’s full vote analysis page for more.
It is becoming increasingly clear that Scotland is caught between two nationalist Governments that are both obsessed with rhetoric and wildly inaccurate claims about taking back control but which are in reality not concerned in the least about the impact that leaving the EU or the UK will have on people’s jobs, public services, people’s right to live and work across the EU or...
Just two years ago, the Government was relaxed about challenging the single market and threatening freedom of movement. We have heard again today about the hard Brexit cliff. Why is the Government so relaxed about the hard independence cliff?
First, I associate myself with the First Minister’s comments about the Tory party conference. All of us on this side of the chamber would fully agree with her on that point. We welcome the broad findings of the Scottish social attitudes survey, as well as figures out last week that show that hate crimes in Scotland have fallen over the past year. However, we cannot be complacent. Bad...
More of Anas Sarwar’s recent appearances
Labour MSP for Glasgow, Former Labour MP for Glasgow Central
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Entered the Scottish Parliament on 7 May 2016 — Election
Also represented Glasgow Central
Topics of interest
- International Development
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Department for International Development
- Home Department
- Departmental Grants
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency
- Departmental Contracts
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (International Development) (5 Nov 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 14 Jun 2012)
- Member, International Development Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 18 Jun 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs. See all Anas Sarwar’s speeches
- Has received answers to 45 written questions since joining Parliament — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 70 people are tracking this MSP — email me updates on Anas Sarwar’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 78 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from