A selection of Anas Sarwar's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, between 2010–2012
Generally voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
2 votes for, 22 votes against, 7 absences, between 2013–2015
Consistently voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
1 vote for, 14 votes against, 6 absences, between 2010–2013
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
7 votes for, 4 votes against, 15 absences, between 2010–2014
Generally voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2011–2012
We have lots more plain English analysis of Anas Sarwar’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Anas Sarwar’s full vote analysis page for more.
3. To ask the Scottish Government whether it plans to reopen the Yorkhill minor injuries unit and, if so, on what date it will do so. (S5O-00819)
The minor injuries unit closed two days before Christmas, with no notice having been given to local people except a sign at the entrance. At that time, the local public were reassured that the closure was just a temporary measure to cover the peak during winter, which was confirmed by the First Minister at First Minister’s question time. However, as of today, the unit has still not...
Does the cabinet secretary recognise my concern about the European Court of Justice ruling that says that employers can ban their workers from wearing a headscarf at work? The ruling has a particular impact on Muslim women accessing the labour market, but it also has implications for Catholics who might wear a cross at work, Jewish men who wear a skullcap or Sikhs who wear a turban. Can the...
More of Anas Sarwar’s recent appearances
Labour MSP for Glasgow, Former Labour MP for Glasgow Central
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Entered the Scottish Parliament on 7 May 2016 — Election
Also represented Glasgow Central
Topics of interest
- International Development
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Department for International Development
- Home Department
- Departmental Grants
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency
- Departmental Contracts
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (International Development) (5 Nov 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 14 Jun 2012)
- Member, International Development Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 18 Jun 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs. See all Anas Sarwar’s speeches
- Has received answers to 45 written questions since joining Parliament — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 68 people are tracking this MSP — email me updates on Anas Sarwar’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 78 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from