A selection of Anas Sarwar's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system
Generally voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Consistently voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Anas Sarwar’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Anas Sarwar’s full vote analysis page for more.
1. To ask the Scottish Government when the Minister for Transport and the Islands last met ScotRail and what issues were discussed. (S5O-00416)
Regulated rail fares are due to rise in the new year, with passengers expected to pay more for services that the transport minister himself believes are sometimes not of an acceptable standard. When he next meets ScotRail, will he enter into discussions regarding Labour’s proposals to stop the new year fare hike going ahead and to freeze fares for passengers in 2017?
6. To ask the First Minister what steps the Scottish Government is taking to address workforce issues in the NHS. (S5F-00580)
More of Anas Sarwar’s recent appearances
Labour MSP for Glasgow, Former Labour MP for Glasgow Central
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Entered the Scottish Parliament on 7 May 2016 — Election
Also represented Glasgow Central
Topics of interest
- International Development
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Department for International Development
- Home Department
- Departmental Grants
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency
- Departmental Contracts
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (International Development) (5 Nov 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 14 Jun 2012)
- Member, International Development Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 18 Jun 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs. See all Anas Sarwar’s speeches
- Has received answers to 45 written questions since joining Parliament — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 70 people are tracking this MSP — email me updates on Anas Sarwar’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 78 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from