Darren Henry’s voting in Parliament
Darren Henry is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a random selection of Darren Henry’s votes.
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2020.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Consistently voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2022.
Generally voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 4 absences, between 2021–2022.
Voted a mixture of for and against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
3 votes for, 2 votes against, 5 absences, between 2021–2022.
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
3 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2020.
Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2020.
Last updated: 18 May 2022.
Learn more about our voting records and what they mean.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Darren Henry’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Darren Henry’s full vote analysis page for more.
Darren Henry has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Statutory parental bereavement leave and pay – Darren Henry.
I welcome many of the announcements made yesterday in the autumn statement, in particular raising the minimum wage to £11.44, an increase of 9.8%, which will directly benefit those in my constituency. That means an increase of £1,800 in the annual earnings of a full-time worker on the national living wage and it is predicted to benefit over 2.7 million low-paid workers. Yesterday I asked...
I have a question about apprenticeships. It is vital that individuals of any age can train and retrain for good local jobs, further education and skills opportunities that are available. Will the Prime Minister work with me in my campaign to establish an apprenticeship hub in Broxtowe?
More of Darren Henry’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Broxtowe
Entered the House of Commons on 13 December 2019 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Transport
- Home Office
- Cabinet Office
- Marriage: Coronavirus
- Ophthalmic Services: Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Vaccination
- Business: Coronavirus
- Undocumented Migrants: English Channel
Currently held offices
- Member, Electronic Trade Documents Bill [HL] Second Reading Committee (since 7 Jun 2023)
- Member, Select Committee on the Armed Forces Bill (since 25 Feb 2021)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Electronic Trade Documents Bill [HL] Committee (14 Jun 2023 to 14 Jun 2023)
- Member, Data Protection and Digital Information (No. 2) Bill Committee ( 3 May 2023 to 23 May 2023)
- Assistant Whip (20 Sep 2022 to 27 Oct 2022)
- Member, Employment (Allocation of Tips) Bill Committee ( 7 Sep 2022 to 12 Oct 2022)
- Member, Levelling-up and Regeneration Bill Committee (15 Jun 2022 to 11 Oct 2022)
- Member, Levelling Up, Housing and Communities Committee (29 Mar 2022 to 25 Oct 2022)
- Member, Select Committee on the Armed Forces Bill (22 Feb 2021 to 22 Feb 2021)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)