Gareth Davies’s voting in Parliament
Gareth Davies is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a random selection of Gareth Davies’s votes.
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2022.
Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2020.
Generally voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
2 votes for, 3 votes against, 5 absences, between 2021–2022.
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2021.
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2020.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2022.
Last updated: 18 May 2022.
Learn more about our voting records and what they mean.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gareth Davies’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gareth Davies’s full vote analysis page for more.
Gareth Davies has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Approved Mileage Allowance Payments (AMAPs) are used by employers to reimburse an employee’s expenses for business mileage in their private vehicle. These rates are also used by self-employed drivers to claim tax relief on business mileage (simplified motoring expenses). The AMAP rates are not mandatory, and employers can choose to pay more or less than the AMAP rate. It is therefore...
The Government publishes tax information and impact notes for tax policy changes when the policy is final or near final. The summary of impacts from the changes to alcohol duty at Spring Budget 2023 can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/increase-in-alcoh ol-duty-rates/alcohol-duty-uprating The Government will evaluate the impact of the new rates and structures...
The Government is committed to a pragmatic, proportionate, and realistic approach to meeting all our net zero commitments that eases the burdens on families. In keeping with Green Book guidance, HMT considers the distributional impacts of policy where there may be significant redistributive effects. The Net Zero Review, published in 2021, included analysis to help understand households’...
More of Gareth Davies’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Grantham and Stamford
Entered the House of Commons on 13 December 2019 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Ministry of Defence
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Office
- Big Society Capital
- Hospitals: Infectious Diseases
- Burglary: Unmanned Air Vehicles
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (since 6 Jun 2023)
- The Exchequer Secretary (since 21 Apr 2023)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Finance (No. 2) Bill Committee (10 May 2023 to 18 May 2023)
- Member, Co-operatives, Mutuals and Friendly Societies Bill Committee (23 Nov 2022 to 30 Nov 2022)
- Member, Financial Services and Markets Bill Committee (12 Oct 2022 to 3 Nov 2022)
- Member, Treasury Sub-Committee on Financial Services Regulations (20 Jun 2022 to 21 Nov 2022)
- Member, Treasury Committee Sub-Committee on Financial Services Regulations (20 Jun 2022 to 20 Jun 2022)
- Member, Down Syndrome Bill Committee (19 Jan 2022 to 26 Jan 2022)
- Member, Treasury Committee (19 Oct 2021 to 21 Nov 2022)
- Member, Health and Care Bill Committee ( 7 Sep 2021 to 2 Nov 2021)
- Member, Compensation (London Capital & Finance plc and Fraud Compensation Fund) Bill Committee ( 8 Jun 2021 to 15 Jun 2021)
- Member, Finance Committee (Commons) ( 2 Mar 2020 to 24 Jan 2023)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Nov 2023.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Vaculug Limited
Address of donor: Gonerby Road, Gonerby Hill Foot, Grantham NG31 8HE
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £4,878.42 as the sponsor of a fundraising dinner
Donor status: company, registration 00488961
(Registered 19 December 2022)
Name of donor: Conservative Friends of Israel Ltd
Address of donor: PO
Box 72288, London SW1P 9LB
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights, accommodation and hospitality, value £3,400
Destination of visit: Israel and the West Bank
Dates of visit: 12-17 February 2023
Purpose of visit: Fact finding political delegation.
(Registered 01 March 2023)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)