Nicola Richards’s voting in Parliament
Nicola Richards is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a random selection of Nicola Richards’s votes.
Consistently voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2022.
Voted a mixture of for and against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
3 votes for, 1 vote against, 6 absences, between 2021–2022.
Generally voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 4 absences, between 2021–2022.
Has never voted on raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2022.
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2020.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
2 votes for, 10 votes against, between 2020–2022.
Last updated: 18 May 2022.
Learn more about our voting records and what they mean.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Nicola Richards’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Nicola Richards’s full vote analysis page for more.
Nicola Richards has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, with reference to the Answer of 23 February 2023 to Question 147435 on HIV Infection: Screening, what recent assessment his Department has made of the effectiveness of opt-out blood-borne virus testing in ambulance and emergency departments in areas with a high prevalence of HIV in London.
To ask the Minister of State, Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, whether he has had discussions with his Israeli counterpart on the potential implications for his policies of claims made by the Israel Defense Forces that they have located a Hamas rocket-making facility inside a mosque in the Zeitoun area of Gaza City.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs, what discussions he has had with his counterparts in the European Union on rising levels of anti-Semitism.
More of Nicola Richards’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for West Bromwich East
Entered the House of Commons on 13 December 2019 — General election
Topics of interest
- Commonwealth and Development Office
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Home Office
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- House of Commons Commission
- NHS: Negligence
- West Bank: Palestinian Islamic Jihad
- Israel: Hamas
- Cancer: Screening
Currently held offices
- Member, Economic Activity of Public Bodies (Overseas Matters) Bill Committee (since 19 Jul 2023)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Data Protection and Digital Information (No. 2) Bill Committee ( 3 May 2023 to 23 May 2023)
- Member, Child Support Collection (Domestic Abuse) Bill Committee ( 7 Dec 2022 to 14 Dec 2022)
- Member, Taxis and Private Hire Vehicles (Disabled Persons) Bill Committee ( 2 Feb 2022 to 8 Feb 2022)
- Member, Glue Traps (Offences) Bill Committee (12 Jan 2022 to 19 Jan 2022)
- Member, Motor Vehicles (Compulsory Insurance) Bill Committee (15 Dec 2021 to 5 Jan 2022)
- Member, Taxi and Private Hire Vehicles (Safeguarding and Road Safety) Bill (England and Wales) Committee (27 Oct 2021 to 28 Oct 2021)
- Member, Education (Careers Guidance in Schools) Bill Committee (22 Sep 2021 to 27 Oct 2021)
- Member, Nationality and Borders Bill Committee (16 Sep 2021 to 4 Nov 2021)
- Member, Education Committee ( 7 Sep 2021 to 29 Mar 2022)
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee ( 2 Mar 2020 to 2 Nov 2021)
- Member, Committee on the Future Relationship with the European Union ( 2 Mar 2020 to 16 Jan 2021)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 27 Nov 2023.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Businessfore
Address of donor: 7 The Vale, London SW3 6AG
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: unincorporated association
(Registered 05 December 2022)
Name of donor: Conservative Environment Network
Address of donor: 9 Byford Court, Crockatt Road, Hadleigh, Ipswich IP7 6RD
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights, hotel accommodation, taxis, food and drink, value £1,640
Destination of visit: Bergen and Oslo, Norway
Dates of visit: 25-28 September 2023
Purpose of visit: To undertake site visits to energy projects and to meet members of the Conservative Party
in Norway to discuss environmental issues.
(Registered 19 October 2023)
From 7 February 2020, member of Sandwell Towns Super Board. This is an unpaid role. (Registered 04 February 2020)
From 20 July 2020, a trustee of the Albion Foundation, the charitable arm of West Bromwich Albion Football Club
, which assists in the social and physical training of children attending schools in West Bromwich and the surrounding area. (Registered 10 August 2020)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)