Jane Stevenson’s voting in Parliament
Jane Stevenson is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a random selection of Jane Stevenson’s votes.
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2020.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Consistently voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2022.
Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2020.
Voted a mixture of for and against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
1 vote for, 2 votes against, 3 absences, in 2022.
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2021.
Voted a mixture of for and against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
3 votes for, 3 votes against, 4 absences, between 2021–2022.
Last updated: 18 May 2022.
Learn more about our voting records and what they mean.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jane Stevenson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jane Stevenson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jane Stevenson has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Like many colleagues in the west midlands, I seek reassurance that my constituents in Wolverhampton will not be impacted by a knock-on effect through the West Midlands Combined Authority. Does my right hon. Friend agree that hard-working people pay their council tax to get the essentials done, and that Birmingham, which knew it was in financial trouble, spending £1.2 million on trade union...
I am a bit sceptical, as we are talking about nitrous oxide use as though it is a much harder drug. A lot of the kids taking it, certainly those in Wolverhampton, are not hardened drug users, but young people who do not think they are doing anything wrong. They do not hear about the medical risks, and this drug is so cheap and so widely available. Surely the Government are doing the right...
I start by thanking the hon. Member for Bolton South East (Yasmin Qureshi) for all her work in raising the issue of Primodos, and Marie Lyon. Like the hon. Member for Ayr, Carrick and Cumnock (Allan Dorans), I knew nothing of Primodos when I was first elected in 2019. Shortly after my election, I met Marie with Charlotte Fensome, who joins us today in the Gallery. Charlotte’s brother...
More of Jane Stevenson’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Wolverhampton North East
Entered the House of Commons on 13 December 2019 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Digital
- Media and Sport
- Department for Transport
- Coronavirus: Disease Control
- Sportsgrounds: Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Vaccination
- Hospitality Industry: Coronavirus
- Aluminium: Antidumping Duties
Currently held offices
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (since 19 Oct 2021)
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Sub-committee on Online Harms and Disinformation (since 19 Oct 2021)
- Member, Consolidation, &c., Bills (Joint Committee) (since 9 Mar 2020)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Digital Markets, Competition and Consumers Bill Committee ( 7 Jun 2023 to 11 Jul 2023)
- Member, Workers (Predictable Terms and Conditions) Bill Committee ( 1 Mar 2023 to 2 Mar 2023)
- Member, Electricity and Gas Transmission (Compensation) Bill Committee (18 Jan 2023 to 23 Jan 2023)
- Member, Carer’s Leave Bill Committee ( 2 Nov 2022 to 9 Nov 2022)
- Member, Protection from Redundancy (Pregnancy and Family Leave) Bill Committee (26 Oct 2022 to 1 Nov 2022)
- Member, Economic Crime and Corporate Transparency Bill Committee (19 Oct 2022 to 29 Nov 2022)
- Member, Online Safety Bill Committee (18 May 2022 to 28 Jun 2022)
- Member, Public Service Pensions and Judicial Offices Bill [HL] Committee (19 Jan 2022 to 27 Jan 2022)
- Member, Glue Traps (Offences) Bill Committee (12 Jan 2022 to 19 Jan 2022)
- Member, Animal (Penalty Notices) Bill Committee ( 1 Dec 2021 to 8 Dec 2021)
- Member, Animal Welfare (Kept Animals) Bill Committee ( 3 Nov 2021 to 17 Nov 2021)
- Member, Committee on the Future Relationship with the European Union ( 2 Mar 2020 to 16 Jan 2021)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 18 Sep 2023.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Channel 4
Television Company Ltd
Address of donor: 124 Horseferry Road, London SW1P 2TX
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: UEFA Nations League
ticket with hospitality for England v Germany, value £568
Date received: 26 September 2022
Date accepted: 26 September 2022
Donor status: company, registration 01533774
(Registered 12 October 2022)
From 24 January 2020, member of Wolverhampton Town Board. This is an unpaid role. (Registered 09 March 2020)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)