Luke Evans’s voting in Parliament
Luke Evans is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a random selection of Luke Evans’s votes.
Voted a mixture of for and against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
1 vote for, 2 votes against, 3 absences, in 2022.
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2020.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2022.
Voted a mixture of for and against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
3 votes for, 3 votes against, 4 absences, between 2021–2022.
Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2020.
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
3 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2020.
Last updated: 18 May 2022.
Learn more about our voting records and what they mean.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Luke Evans’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Luke Evans’s full vote analysis page for more.
Luke Evans has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Cop28 29 Nov 2023
Having spent a year in the Energy Department, it has been an absolute pleasure to see how civil servants, businesses, the public and, indeed, Ministers are at the forefront of ensuring that the UK is the major economy that has decarbonised furthest and fastest in the world. We account for only 1% of emissions. We have the biggest offshore wind farm in the world, as well as the second biggest...
Will my right hon. Friend give way on that point?
Sir Charles, your failure is met by enthusiasm and has been offset as a result. I thank my right hon. Friend the former Secretary of State for the point she is making. On digital connectivity, the percentage of my constituency of Bosworth with 1 gigabit has increased from 0.1% to 67%. This kind of thing gives huge opportunity to businesses and folk in my community. Is that not exactly the...
More of Luke Evans’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Bosworth
Entered the House of Commons on 13 December 2019 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Department for Transport
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Digital
- Media and Sport
- Coronavirus: Screening
- Coronavirus: Vaccination
- Electric Vehicles: Charging Points
- Steroid Drugs: Misuse
Currently held offices
- Member, Economic Activity of Public Bodies (Overseas Matters) Bill Committee (since 19 Jul 2023)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Electricity and Gas Transmission (Compensation) Bill Committee (23 Jan 2023 to 25 Jan 2023)
- Member, Employment Relations (Flexible Working) Bill Committee (30 Nov 2022 to 7 Dec 2022)
- Member, Retained EU Law (Revocation and Reform Bill) Committee ( 2 Nov 2022 to 29 Nov 2022)
- Member, Protection from Redundancy (Pregnancy and Family Leave) Bill Committee ( 1 Nov 2022 to 2 Nov 2022)
- Member, Animal Welfare (Kept Animals) Bill Committee ( 3 Nov 2021 to 18 Nov 2021)
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee ( 2 Mar 2020 to 29 Nov 2022)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)