Gareth Bacon’s voting in Parliament
Gareth Bacon is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a random selection of Gareth Bacon’s votes.
Voted a mixture of for and against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
1 vote for, 2 votes against, 3 absences, in 2022.
Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2020.
Voted a mixture of for and against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
3 votes for, 3 votes against, 4 absences, between 2021–2022.
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2021.
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2022.
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
2 votes for, 10 votes against, between 2020–2022.
Last updated: 18 May 2022.
Learn more about our voting records and what they mean.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gareth Bacon’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gareth Bacon’s full vote analysis page for more.
Gareth Bacon has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, with reference to her Department’s consultation on Consistency in household and business recycling in England, for what reason her Department has not yet published (a) the results of and (b) her Department’s response to the consultation entitled Consistency in household and business recycling in England; and when she...
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, if she will make an assessment of the potential implications for her proposed reforms to waste collection services of the ability of local authorities to purchase (a) new vehicles, (b) containers and (c) other necessary equipment.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what steps her Department is taking to group local authorities for funding purposes as part of her reforms to the collection of waste; and whether local authorities will be able to challenge how they have been grouped.
More of Gareth Bacon’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Orpington, Former Conservative Member of the London Assembly for Greater London
Entered the House of Commons on 13 December 2019 — General election
Entered the London Assembly on 5 May 2016 — Election
Left the London Assembly on 7 May 2021 — Election
Also represented Greater London
Topics of interest
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Office
- Ministry of Defence
- Waste Management: Local Government
- Administration of Justice
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy: Social Clubs
- Ministry of Defence: Social Clubs
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Veterans Advisory and Pensions Committees Bill ( 8 Mar 2023 to 15 Mar 2023)
- Member, Firearms Bill Committee ( 8 Mar 2023 to 15 Mar 2023)
- Member, Workers (Predictable Terms and Conditions) Bill Committee ( 1 Mar 2023 to 8 Mar 2023)
- Member, Offenders (Day of Release from Detention) Bill Committee ( 1 Feb 2023 to 8 Feb 2023)
- Member, Retained EU Law (Revocation and Reform Bill) Committee ( 2 Nov 2022 to 29 Nov 2022)
- Member, Financial Services and Markets Bill Committee (12 Oct 2022 to 3 Nov 2022)
- Member, British Sign Language Bill Committee ( 9 Feb 2022 to 23 Feb 2022)
- Member, Glue Traps (Offences) Bill Committee (12 Jan 2022 to 19 Jan 2022)
- Member, Higher Education (Freedom of Speech) Bill Committee ( 7 Sep 2021 to 22 Sep 2021)
- Member, National Insurance Contributions Bill Committee (16 Jun 2021 to 22 Jun 2021)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (20 Jul 2020 to 2 Nov 2021)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee ( 2 Mar 2020 to 15 Mar 2022)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 4 Sep 2023.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: London City Airport
Address of donor: Aviation House, Hartmann Road, London E16 2PX
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Ticket with hospitality for New York Giants
vs Green Bay Packers NFL
match at Tottenham Hotspur
, value £750
Date received: 9 October 2022
Date accepted: 9 October 2022
Donor status: company, registration 05328291
(Registered 10 October 2022)
Name of donor: Getir
Address of donor: Wework, 30 Stamford Street, London SE1 9LQ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Ticket for Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal, value £400
Date received: 15 January 2023
Date accepted: 15 January 2023
Donor status: company, registration 12548945
(Registered 18 January 2023)
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: Conservative Friends of Israel Ltd
Address of donor: CFI
Box 72288, London SW1P 9LB
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights, accommodation and hospitality, value £3,400
Destination of visit: Israel
Dates of visit: 12-17 February 2023
Purpose of visit: Fact finding political delegation to Israel and the West Bank
(Registered 27 February 2023)
From 14 June 2021, unpaid director of Conservative Union Research Unit Ltd, which will provide research and briefings to Members on topics related to strengthening the union of the United Kingdom. (Registered 28 July 2021)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)