Janet Daby’s voting in Parliament
Janet Daby is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Janet Daby’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Janet Daby’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Janet Daby’s full vote analysis page for more.
Janet Daby has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
On local authorities becoming more engaged and having more responsibilities, since 2010, Lewisham East has seen cuts to local government of £165 million, and we have halved the size of the council. Does the Minister agree that we need to invest in our local authorities and local government to fulfil duties such as the ones he mentions?
I thank the hon. Gentleman for securing this important debate. I am here on behalf of all my constituents, but one particular constituent, who is visually impaired, contacted me to report that discrimination against guide dog owners when they try to access businesses and services is disturbingly common, despite being against the law. A Guide Dogs report showed that three-quarters of the...
I thank my right hon. Friend the shadow Home Secretary for requesting this urgent question. What I find shocking and disturbing is the fact that three people have died in Jamaica as a result of this hostile policy. We are hearing an apology, but I would like to hear more about action from the Government. I would particularly like to know what proactive action is being taken in the cases of...
More of Janet Daby’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Lewisham East
Entered the House of Commons on 14 June 2018 — Byelection
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 3 debates since joining Parliament — well below average amongst MPs. See all Janet Daby’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions since joining Parliament — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 68.52% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 9 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Janet Daby’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Sep 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Councillor, Lewisham Council, Civic Suite, Catford, London SE6 4RU. Until further notice, I will receive an annual allowance of £9,812 (paid monthly). Hours: 40-60 hrs a month. (Registered 11 July 2018
16 June 2018, received £817.66. Hours: 18-24 hrs since my election to Parliament. (Registered 16 July 2018)
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: UNISON
Address of donor: 130 Euston Road, London NW1 2AY
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: £1,610 reimbursement of printing costs
Date received: 5 July 2018
Date accepted: 5 July 2018
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 11 July 2018)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Yellow Media (not trading), a media, design and filming company. (Registered 11 July 2018)
Until 14 July 2018, unpaid Director and Chair of Whitefoot and Downham Community Food Plus Project. (Registered 11 July 2018; updated 16 July 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from