Matt Western’s voting in Parliament
Matt Western is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Matt Western’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Matt Western’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Matt Western’s full vote analysis page for more.
Matt Western has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, if she will make representations to the Bangladeshi Government on ensuring that Islamic Relief is able to operate in that country; and if she will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, whether the local authority of Warwickshire County Council has requested to disapply the high pass-through requirement.
When I arrived in the House a few months ago I knew that democracy was not necessarily the most efficient process, but last night I realised just how dysfunctional it is at present. It was the fourth time that the Government have been defeated on a substantive issue. We are obviously spending a significant amount of valuable time on such issues, so we should be heard. We should have received...
More of Matt Western’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Warwick and Leamington
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for International Development
- Department for Education
- Pre-school Education: Warwickshire
- Bangladesh: Islamic Relief
Currently held offices
- Member, International Trade Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 10 debates since joining Parliament — well below average amongst MPs. See all Matt Western’s speeches
- Has received answers to 2 written questions since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 95.83% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 334 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Matt Western’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 4 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Oct 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Maurice Millward
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: individual
(Registered 07 July 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in Dorset, owned jointly with a family member: (i) and (ii). (Registered 05 July 2017)
7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than £70,000
Apple; technology company. (Registered 05 July 2017)
Councillor, Warwickshire County Council. Since 9 June 2017
, I receive no allowances. (Registered 05 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from