Faisal Rashid’s voting in Parliament
Faisal Rashid is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Faisal Rashid’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Faisal Rashid’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Faisal Rashid’s full vote analysis page for more.
Faisal Rashid has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
What assessment he has made of the potential merits of removing tolls on bridges.
I am sure that the Minister will be aware that residents in my constituency are paying in excess of £1,000 a year in toll charges for the new Mersey Gateway bridge, although the previous Runcorn bridge was toll-free and tolls are being scrapped across the whole United Kingdom. Will he honour the commitment made in 2015 by the former Chancellor, George Osborne, that Warrington residents...
I shall focus on the problems with universal credit in Warrington South. As the Minister will know, Warrington is one of the pathfinder areas in the north-west in which universal credit was introduced in 2013. As such, we are already seeing the severe consequences of the Government’s mishandling of universal credit in our communities. It is often the most vulnerable in society who are...
More of Faisal Rashid’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Warrington South
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Currently held offices
- Member, International Trade Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates since joining Parliament — well below average amongst MPs. See all Faisal Rashid’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 95.83% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 67 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Faisal Rashid’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 4 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Oct 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
16 June 2017
, received £4,025.58 from Natwest Bank, 23 Sankey St, Warrington WA1 1XG for my role as relationship manager for June 2017. I resigned on 14 June. Hours: 28 hrs between my election as an MP
and my resignation. I repaid £2,195.76. (Registered 06 July 2017
; updated 08 August 2017
Allowances received from Warrington Council, Town Hall, Warrington, for my role as a councillor:
15 June 2017, received allowances of £577.51 for June 2017. Hours: approx. 45 hrs since my election as an MP. (Registered 06 July 2017)
14 July 2017, received allowances of £571.24 for July 2017. Hours: approx. 60 hrs. (Registered 08 August 2017)
15 August 2017, received allowances of £557.86 for August 2017. Hours: approx. 60 hrs. (Registered 18 September 2017
Name of donor: The Government of Pakistan and Azad Kashmir
Address of donor: AJK Information Technology Board, Block C, District Complex, Old Secretariat Muzaffarabad AJ&K
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Economy return flights and accommodation for four nights. Value approximately £1,500 in total.
Destination of visit: Azad Kashmir
Dates of visit: 19 - 22 August 2017
Purpose of visit: To learn about and understand Azad Kashmir and its quest for reunification of it with Jammu Kashmir.
(Registered 18 September 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in Warrington: (i). (Registered 06 July 2017)
Two small plots of land in Lahore, Pakistan
: (i). (Registered 06 July 2017; updated 08 August 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from