Crowdfunder – only a few days to go
We’re trying to raise £25,000 to support TheyWorkForYou into the future.
Please take a minute to donate to TheyWorkForYou so we can bring you voting summaries like this for years to come.
What does my hon. Friend say to people like me who are gravely concerned about the degree of complexity in these accounting systems, which makes any kind of audit trail really difficult? The big four audit companies have such a poor record in auditing these accounting systems. What does he say to people like me who are sceptical about how to drive transparency, which was mentioned by my hon....
Does the hon. Gentleman welcome the fact that this Government have lifted the threshold after which people start paying tax to £12,500? That really helps people. Combined with that, we have increases in the national living wage. Does he not welcome those as well? Does he welcome the fact that the Government have introduced policies to allow people at the lower end of the income scale to keep...
More of Stephen Kerr’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Stirling
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 6 November 2019 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Digital
- Media and Sport
- Department for Transport
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Children: Maintenance
- Urban Areas: Scotland
- Energy: Meters
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (6 Nov 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 115 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Stephen Kerr’s speeches
- Has received answers to 29 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 93.09% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 78 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 255 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Nov 2019.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from YouGov, 50 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8RT, for completing surveys. All fees paid direct to charity:
1 August 2018, payment of £100. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 17 December 2018)
27 August 2018, payment of £60. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 17 December 2018)
5 October 2018, payment of £60. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 17 December 2018)
10 December 2018, received £100. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 17 December 2018)
Payment of £100 expected for a survey on 13 November 2018. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 17 December 2018)
From 1 September 2017, Parliamentary Adviser (unpaid) to the Association of Professional Sales. (Registered 16 February 2018)
From 1 February 2018, Parliamentary Adviser (unpaid) to the Cleaning and Hygiene Suppliers Association. (Registered 16 February 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)