Tanmanjeet Singh Dhesi’s voting in Parliament
Tanmanjeet Singh Dhesi is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Tanmanjeet Singh Dhesi’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Tanmanjeet Singh Dhesi’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Tanmanjeet Singh Dhesi’s full vote analysis page for more.
Tanmanjeet Singh Dhesi has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
The Secretary of State has recently received a letter from the leader of Slough Borough Council, Sohail Munawar, following the council’s motion calling for the full roll-out of universal credit to be paused. I am proud of the council for having passed that motion, because the concerns are real. The partial roll-out has already pushed many in Slough into rent arrears and spiralling debt,...
My right hon. Friend is making an excellent speech and some very pertinent points. Many tech firms and other companies in my constituency are concerned: we need to have such agreements in place—in particular, on data protection—and not having them in place will have a hugely detrimental impact. Does my right hon. Friend agree?
More of Tanmanjeet Singh Dhesi’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Slough
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 6 debates since joining Parliament — well below average amongst MPs. See all Tanmanjeet Singh Dhesi’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 91.30% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 26 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Tanmanjeet Singh Dhesi’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 3 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Oct 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Councillor, Kent County Council, County Hall, Maidstone, Kent ME14 1XQ. Until further notice, I will receive an annual allowance of £12,805. Hours: flexible but estimated at 40-80 hrs per month. (Registered 06 July 2017
Logistics, Station House, Station Road, Kent DA13 9PA. From 12 June 2017
until further notice I will be paid £3,000 a year. Hours: flexible but estimated at 10-15 hours per month. (Registered 06 July 2017)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: UNISON SE
Address of donor: Ranger House, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford GU11 4UL
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 06 July 2017)
Name of donor: Chhaterpal Singh Jundu
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: individual
(Registered 06 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from