Kemi Badenoch’s voting in Parliament
Kemi Badenoch is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Kemi Badenoch’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kemi Badenoch’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kemi Badenoch’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kemi Badenoch has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 21 Nov 2017
I am pleased to hear the Secretary of State talk about superfast broadband coverage. Superfast Essex will provide coverage for 95% of the county, but what is being done to provide access to the 5% of residents in Essex, many of whom live in rural areas in my constituency, who desperately require improved connectivity?
I welcome this Bill and I am very happy to support the hon. Member for Rhondda (Chris Bryant) on this cross-party issue. The nature of crime is changing. It is becoming more violent and more aggressive. Even as we see crime numbers fall, add the threat of terrorism, coupled with the sheer number of incidents involving mental health issues, and I can understand why police officers in my...
Does the right hon. Gentleman agree that the costs are for not only local councils but many private residents and landowners, who have to spend their own money to clean up and deal with the issue of illegal encampments? One of my constituents has written to me about spending £3,000 a week on the problem.
More of Kemi Badenoch’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Saffron Walden
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Currently held offices
- Member, Standing Orders Committee (since 1 Nov 2017)
- Member, Justice Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates since joining Parliament — well below average amongst MPs. See all Kemi Badenoch’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions since joining Parliament — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 95.83% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 72 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kemi Badenoch’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 3 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Nov 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
27 June 2017
, received £2,375.57 as a Member of the London Assembly, City Hall, The Queens Walk, London SE1 2AA. Hours: none since my election. (Registered 29 June 2017)
11 August 2017
, received £150 from the BBC
, Whiteladies Road, Bristol BS8 2LR, for contributing to a radio programme. Hours: 3 hrs. (Registered 08 September 2017
Payments from the Telegraph Media Group, 111 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0DT:
8 September 2017, received £270 for an article. Hours: 3 hrs. (Registered 08 September 2017)
1 November 2017
, received £350 for an article. Hours: 3.5 hrs. (Registered 08 November 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from