Matt Rodda’s voting in Parliament
Matt Rodda is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Matt Rodda’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Matt Rodda’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Matt Rodda’s full vote analysis page for more.
Matt Rodda has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 18 Dec 2017
Government cuts have led to the axing or downgrading of 400 bus routes, and passenger numbers are now at a 10-year low. Will the Minister reinstate those services, or, if he is unwilling or unable to do so, will he give local councils the power and resources that they need?
I echo the points made by the hon. Member for Erewash (Maggie Throup) and by my hon. Friend the Member for Sheffield, Heeley (Louise Haigh) in her intervention. The effect of diet on children’s health is a serious and substantial problem facing our country. If unchecked, poor diet could undermine the health of millions of children. I believe that it risks setting back the historic...
I am grateful to the Minister for giving way, and to you, Sir Henry, for allowing me to intervene. On the point about the importance of observation in science and geography lessons, does the Minister agree with me that observation skills have made a great contribution to the development of science in this country? I think of the work of Charles Darwin and his observation of finches and...
More of Matt Rodda’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Reading East
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Social Security Benefits: Domestic Violence
- Social Security Benefits: Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 14 debates since joining Parliament — well below average amongst MPs. See all Matt Rodda’s speeches
- Has received answers to 4 written questions since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 87.62% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 79 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Matt Rodda’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 9 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Jan 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
25 June 2017
, received £685 as a Councillor, Reading Borough Council
, Civic Offices, Bridge Street, Reading RG1 2LU. Hours: 5 hrs since my election to Parliament. This payment was returned to Reading Borough Council on 27 July 2017
. (Registered 06 July 2017; updated 31 July 2017)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Until 10 July 2017, Hemdean People Ltd (formerly Matt Rodda Ltd); a consultancy of which I was the Director. (Registered 06 July 2017; updated 31 July 2017)
Councillor, Reading Borough Councillor. Since 25 July 2017, I draw no allowances. (Registered 27 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from