Matt Rodda’s voting in Parliament
Matt Rodda is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Matt Rodda’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Matt Rodda’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Matt Rodda’s full vote analysis page for more.
Matt Rodda has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 16 Jan 2018
With free bus travel for the under-25s estimated at £1.4 billion a year, why is the Minister opposing a scheme that could benefit up to 13 million young people, saving them up to £1,000 each a year, at a time when they face significant financial hardship due to tuition fees and the high cost of living?
Can the Minister explain how she has calculated that figure of £13 billion? Research by University College London, which is widely accepted across the sector, shows that every individual person in the UK could be given free bus travel for £5 billion.
I join colleagues in congratulating hon. Members from both sides of the House who have made knowledgeable contributions in this interesting debate. In particular, I thank the hon. Member for Mole Valley (Sir Paul Beresford) for his deeply personal, moving and thoughtful contribution. As my hon. Friend the shadow Secretary of State alluded to earlier, Labour supports this uncontroversial...
More of Matt Rodda’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Reading East
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Ministry of Justice
- Social Security Benefits: Domestic Violence
- Victim Support Schemes
- Social Security Benefits: Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (Buses) (since 12 Jan 2018)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 27 debates since joining Parliament — average amongst MPs. See all Matt Rodda’s speeches
- Has received answers to 5 written questions since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 83.21% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 80 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Matt Rodda’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 17 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 16 Apr 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
25 June 2017
, received £685 as a Councillor, Reading Borough Council
, Civic Offices, Bridge Street, Reading RG1 2LU. Hours: 5 hrs since my election to Parliament. This payment was returned to Reading Borough Council on 27 July 2017. (Registered 06 July 2017; updated 31 July 2017)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Until 10 July 2017, Hemdean People Ltd (formerly Matt Rodda Ltd); a consultancy of which I was the Director. (Registered 06 July 2017; updated 31 July 2017)
Councillor, Reading Borough Councillor. Since 25 July 2017, I draw no allowances. (Registered 27 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from