Matt Rodda’s voting in Parliament
Matt Rodda is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Matt Rodda’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Matt Rodda’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Matt Rodda’s full vote analysis page for more.
Matt Rodda has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
I have been interested to hear the range of views discussed today. I am from one of the areas where universal credit will be rolled out in early December, much to the concern of local residents. It is difficult to imagine the stress and deep financial distress that many of the people on this benefit will face over Christmas because of the ill-considered timing. From my perspective, this is...
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what training frontline staff of his Department and its outsourced companies receive on talking appropriately with claimants who are male victims of domestic violence.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what training frontline staff of his Department and its outsourced companies receive on talking appropriately with claimants who are suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder.
More of Matt Rodda’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Reading East
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Social Security Benefits: Domestic Violence
- Social Security Benefits: Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 4 debates since joining Parliament — well below average amongst MPs. See all Matt Rodda’s speeches
- Has received answers to 4 written questions since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 95.83% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 73 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Matt Rodda’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Oct 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
25 June 2017
, received £685 as a Councillor, Reading Borough Council
, Civic Offices, Bridge Street, Reading RG1 2LU. Hours: 5 hrs since my election to Parliament. This payment was returned to Reading Borough Council on 27 July 2017
. (Registered 06 July 2017; updated 31 July 2017)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Until 10 July 2017, Hemdean People Ltd (formerly Matt Rodda Ltd); a consultancy of which I was the Director. (Registered 06 July 2017; updated 31 July 2017)
Councillor, Reading Borough Councillor. Since 25 July 2017, I draw no allowances. (Registered 27 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from