Crowdfunder – only a few days to go
We’re trying to raise £25,000 to support TheyWorkForYou into the future.
Please take a minute to donate to TheyWorkForYou so we can bring you voting summaries like this for years to come.
The tragic, avoidable loss of life in the Grenfell Tower disaster is seared into our national consciousness as a shocking example of corporate greed and governmental complacency. The firefighters who responded on the night acted with commendable courage and professionalism, and yet, by choosing to focus on the fire and emergency services in its first phase, the inquiry has made a scapegoat of...
Does the right hon. Lady agree that it just cannot be right that the survivors and bereaved of Grenfell are not properly permanently rehoused?
Does my right hon. Friend agree that this is a national fire response issue and that it is not just about London? Will he comment on my request to the Prime Minister that extra funding be made available so that the recommendations can be put in place, because I have not heard a positive response that says, “Yes, we will pay for that”?
More of Karen Lee’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Lincoln
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 6 November 2019 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Home Office
- Ministry of Housing
- Communities and Local Government
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Lincoln Prison: Prisoners' Release
- Members: Correspondence
- Children: Social Services
- Fire and Rescue Services
- Fire and Rescue Services: Occupational Health
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Home Office) (Fire) (12 Jan 2018 to 6 Nov 2019)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 48 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Karen Lee’s speeches
- Has received answers to 76 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 80.99% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 82 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 67 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Nov 2019.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from YouGov, 50 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8RT, for completing opinion surveys:
29 October 2018, received £140 for two surveys (£70 each) on 4 October 2018. Hours: 1 hr in total. (Registered 01 November 2018)
Payments from ComRes, Four Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for completing opinion surveys:
24 January 2019, received £75. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 30 October 2019)
22 February 2019, received £75. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 30 October 2019)
26 March 2019, received £75. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 30 October 2019)
9 April 2019, received £75. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 30 October 2019)
22 May 2019, received £75. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 30 October 2019)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)