Alex Sobel’s voting in Parliament
Alex Sobel is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
This is a selection of Alex Sobel’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Alex Sobel’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Alex Sobel’s full vote analysis page for more.
Alex Sobel has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
I congratulate my hon. Friend the Member for Warwick and Leamington (Matt Western) on his maiden speech, which reminded me of a happy childhood visit to Warwick castle. I am sure that he will make fantastic contributions to the House in the future. The transfer of data is critical for the functioning of our economy. The proper management and control of data is increasingly a matter of civil...
I have spent the morning reading the clean growth strategy. On first reading, it appears mainly to be a repackaging of old announcements, with only small packets of new funding and increased existing funding being spent over longer periods. I am glad that the Minister touched on electric vehicles. The gap with respect to the old plans that we already have is 12 megatonnes of CO2....
I will just get the question—
More of Alex Sobel’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Leeds North West
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Ministry of Justice
- Department for Transport
- Home Office
- G4S: Electronic Tagging
- Community Rehabilitation Companies: Contracts
- Offenders: Housing
Currently held offices
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 6 debates since joining Parliament — well below average amongst MPs. See all Alex Sobel’s speeches
- Has received answers to 6 written questions since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 95.65% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 122 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Alex Sobel’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 5 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Oct 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
12 June 2017
, received £1,265.13 as General Manager
of SEYH Ltd, Ebor Court, Skinner St, Leeds LS1 4ND. Hours: 52.5 hrs. (Registered 30 June 2017)
16 June 2017, received £1,368.02 as a Councillor, Leeds City Council, Civic Hall, Calverley St, Leeds LS1 1UR, for the period 1-30 June 2017. Hours: 52.5 hrs. (Registered 30 June 2017)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: GMB Trade Union
Address of donor: 22 Stephenson Way, London NW1 2HD
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 30 June 2017)
Councillor, Leeds City Council. Since 1 July 2017
, I draw no allowances. (Registered 03 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from