Alex Sobel’s voting in Parliament
Alex Sobel is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
This is a selection of Alex Sobel’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Alex Sobel’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Alex Sobel’s full vote analysis page for more.
Alex Sobel has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
Although the hon. Gentleman is outlining some of the difficulties he has in getting direct services to his constituency, I am pleased that the new publicly run LNER has just announced that it will extend direct services to Harrogate, which would increase the number of trains stopping in my constituency from one a day to six a day. That clearly shows that publicly run rail can deliver.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, whether her Department has plans to undertake a review of the enforcement powers of the Child Maintenance Service.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, if his Department will take steps to waive the fee for a replacement driving licence in cases where the applicant has been a victim of crime.
More of Alex Sobel’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Leeds North West
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Home Office
- Department for Education
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Armed Forces: Housing
- Asylum: Housing
- Legal Aid Scheme: Asylum
Currently held offices
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 100 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Alex Sobel’s speeches
- Has received answers to 524 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 78.19% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 120 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Alex Sobel’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 52 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 15 Oct 2018.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK sources
Name of donor: UK Music
Address of donor: 4th Floor, 49 Whitehall
, London SW1A 2BX
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Ticket for the MOBO Awards
with a value of £447
Date received: 29 November 2017
Date accepted: 29 November 2017
Donor status: company, registration 3245288
(Registered 29 January 2018
Councillor, Leeds City Council. Since 1 July 2017, I draw no allowances. (Registered 03 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from