I congratulate my hon. Friends the Members for Blaydon (Liz Twist), for Bury North (James Frith), for Hartlepool (Mike Hill) and for Manchester, Gorton (Afzal Khan) on making excellent maiden speeches today. I came into the House with them and I am sure that we will carry on our journey together to help transform this country. I have been waiting for 20 years to make a speech in a debate on...
Thank you, Mr Hollobone, for calling me to make my first speech in Westminster Hall. I also thank my hon. Friend the Member for Hampstead and Kilburn (Tulip Siddiq) for securing the debate and introducing it in such a comprehensive manner. I have received more than 100 emails from constituents about this matter, which shows that the cases of Nazanin and Kamal have touched the hearts of the...
I congratulate you on your election, Madam Deputy Speaker. I am grateful for the opportunity to make my first contribution to this honourable House by participating in today’s debate, following the witty and on-point maiden speech made by my hon. Friend the Member for Croydon Central (Sarah Jones) and the contributions from my hon. Friends the Members for Lewisham West and Penge (Ellie...
More of Alex Sobel’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Leeds North West
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 3 debates since joining Parliament — well below average amongst MPs. See all Alex Sobel’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 88.89% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 116 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Alex Sobel’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 3 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 31 Jul 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
12 June 2017
, received £1,265.13 as General Manager
of SEYH Ltd, Ebor Court, Skinner St, Leeds LS1 4ND. Hours: 52.5 hrs. (Registered 30 June 2017)
16 June 2017, received £1,368.02 as a Councillor, Leeds City Council, Civic Hall, Calverley St, Leeds LS1 1UR, for the period 1-30 June 2017. Hours: 52.5 hrs. (Registered 30 June 2017)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: GMB Trade Union
Address of donor: 22 Stephenson Way, London NW1 2HD
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 30 June 2017)
Councillor, Leeds City Council. Since 1 July 2017
, I draw no allowances. (Registered 03 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from