Alex Sobel’s voting in Parliament
Alex Sobel is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
This is a selection of Alex Sobel’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Alex Sobel’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Alex Sobel’s full vote analysis page for more.
Alex Sobel has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 18 Dec 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, what assesment his Department has made of the effect of music venue closures on the working conditions of self-employed musicians.
To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, what steps his Department is taking to identify the level of homelessness in rural areas.
To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, what steps his Department is taking reduce the risks faced by people living on the streets during times of sub-zero temperatures.
More of Alex Sobel’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Leeds North West
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Office
- Department of Health
- Ministry of Defence
- HM Treasury
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Armed Forces: Housing
- Refugees: Children
- Mature Students
- Students: Loans
Currently held offices
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 32 debates since joining Parliament — average amongst MPs. See all Alex Sobel’s speeches
- Has received answers to 108 written questions since joining Parliament — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 81.11% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 127 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Alex Sobel’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 19 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Jan 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
12 June 2017
, received £1,265.13 as General Manager
of SEYH Ltd, Ebor Court, Skinner St, Leeds LS1 4ND. Hours: 52.5 hrs. (Registered 30 June 2017)
16 June 2017, received £1,368.02 as a Councillor, Leeds City Council, Civic Hall, Calverley St, Leeds LS1 1UR, for the period 1-30 June 2017. Hours: 52.5 hrs. (Registered 30 June 2017)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: GMB Trade Union
Address of donor: 22 Stephenson Way, London NW1 2HD
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 30 June 2017)
Councillor, Leeds City Council. Since 1 July 2017
, I draw no allowances. (Registered 03 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from