Alex Sobel’s voting in Parliament
Alex Sobel is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
This is a selection of Alex Sobel’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Alex Sobel’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Alex Sobel’s full vote analysis page for more.
Alex Sobel has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 16 Jan 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, what his Department's policy is on a ban on phone companies charging a fee for services to protect against nuisance calls.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, whether he held discussions with Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia on the number of executions in that country.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how his Department determines which refugees automatically get a National Insurance number as soon as they receive their refugee status; and if he will make a statement.
More of Alex Sobel’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Leeds North West
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Department for Education
- Home Office
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Ministry of Justice
- Armed Forces: Housing
- Children: Day Care
- Forests: North of England
Currently held offices
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 49 debates since joining Parliament — above average amongst MPs. See all Alex Sobel’s speeches
- Has received answers to 331 written questions since joining Parliament — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 83.46% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 123 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Alex Sobel’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 30 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Mar 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
12 June 2017
, received £1,265.13 as General Manager
of SEYH Ltd, Ebor Court, Skinner St, Leeds LS1 4ND. Hours: 52.5 hrs. (Registered 30 June 2017)
16 June 2017, received £1,368.02 as a Councillor, Leeds City Council, Civic Hall, Calverley St, Leeds LS1 1UR, for the period 1-30 June 2017. Hours: 52.5 hrs. (Registered 30 June 2017)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: GMB Trade Union
Address of donor: 22 Stephenson Way, London NW1 2HD
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 30 June 2017)
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK sources
Name of donor: UK Music
Address of donor: 4th Floor, 49 Whitehall
, London SW1A 2BX
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Ticket for the MOBO Awards
with a value of £447
Date received: 29 November 2017
Date accepted: 29 November 2017
Donor status: company, registration 3245288
(Registered 29 January 2018
Councillor, Leeds City Council. Since 1 July 2017, I draw no allowances. (Registered 03 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from