We need your help
Please take a minute to donate to TheyWorkForYou so we can bring you voting summaries like this for years to come.
If everyone who visited TheyWorkForYou donated just £1, we’d reach our crowdfunding target in less than 3 days.
The Prime Minister visited Aberdeen and saw the successful oil and gas industry, which by delivering hydrogen can deliver net zero. Does he agree this industry is supporting 280,000 jobs he will get behind?
This is perfect weather for barbecues and enjoying Scottish beef. Does the Minister agree that the beef industry is doing its bit to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from burping cows?
Does the Secretary of State agree that the incoming Prime Minister must deliver certainty, confidence and prosperity for the whole UK, to counter the politics of grievance and defeat?
More of Colin Clark’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Gordon
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 6 November 2019 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Digital
- Media and Sport
- Ministry of Defence
- New Zealand: Diplomatic Relations
- Sea King Helicopters: Asbestos
- Anaerobic Digestion: Biofuels
- Agriculture: Chemicals
Currently held offices
- Government Whip (since 27 Jul 2019)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Scotland (since 27 Jul 2019)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Treasury Committee (29 Oct 2018 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Treasury Sub-Committee (29 Oct 2018 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (23 Apr 2018 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (5 Mar 2018 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (4 Dec 2017 to 13 May 2019)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 41 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Colin Clark’s speeches
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 91.14% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 41 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 69 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Nov 2019.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Glyn Hopkin
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Date received: 21 October 2019
Date accepted: 21 October 2019
Donor status: individual
(Registered 01 November 2019)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in Inverurie, co-owned with my wife: (i) and (ii). (Registered 28 June 2017)
Farm and agricultural land in Aberdeenshire, including three cottages which are rented out: (i) and (ii). (Registered 28 June 2017)
7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than £70,000
Nessgro Ltd; a produce marketing company. (Registered 28 June 2017)
Partner in Thomastown Farm and Cottages (trading as R&M Clark). (Registered 28 June 2017)
Sciemus Ltd; technology and insurance. (Registered 28 June 2017)
Maven Capital (Llandudno) LLP
; property investment. (Partner) (Registered 28 June 2017)
Maven Capital (Marlow) LLP; property investment. (Partner) (Registered 28 June 2017)
Maven Capital (Telfer House) LLP; property investment. (Partner) (Registered 28 June 2017)
Maven Co-invest Flexlife; subsea technology. (Registered 28 June 2017)
Maven Co-invest R&M; fabrication. (Registered 28 June 2017)
Maven Co-invest RMEC; well services, oil and gas. (Registered 28 June 2017)
Director (unpaid) of Nessgro Ltd, a produce marketing company. (Registered 28 June 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)