Christine Jardine’s voting in Parliament
Christine Jardine is a Liberal Democrat MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Liberal Democrat MPs.
However, Christine Jardine sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Christine Jardine consistently voted against raising the threshold at which people start to pay income tax, while most Liberal Democrat MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Christine Jardine’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Christine Jardine’s full vote analysis page for more.
Christine Jardine has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
When she plans to publish the Government’s response to their consultation on reform of the Gender Recognition Act 2004.
Last night, at the PinkNews awards, Baroness Williams of Trafford, the House of Lords Minister for Equalities, said, “bear with us” on gender recognition reforms. Quite frankly, Minister, that is not good enough for people who are already going through one of the most difficult experiences they will ever face—more difficult than we can possibly imagine. They face abuse, discrimination...
I am sure the Minister will agree that all women deserve equal protection under the law, no matter where they come from. Indeed, I have had positive conversations with Ministers about including migrant women in the Domestic Abuse Bill, but can she tell us when she will be able to commit to including them specifically in that Bill?
More of Christine Jardine’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Edinburgh West
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Digital
- Media and Sport
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Home Office
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Radio Frequencies
- State Retirement Pensions: Females
- Universal Credit
- Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe
Currently held offices
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Home Affairs) (since 21 Aug 2019)
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Justice) (since 21 Aug 2019)
- Liberal Democrat Deputy Chief Whip (since 21 Aug 2019)
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Women and Equalities) (since 21 Aug 2019)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (7 Feb 2019 to 21 Aug 2019)
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Scotland) (12 Oct 2017 to 7 Feb 2019)
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (16 Jun 2017 to 12 Oct 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Sep 2019.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: National Liberal Club
Address of donor: 1 Whitehall
Place, London SW1A 2HE
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: One year's free membership with a value of £790
Date received: 1 October 2017
Date accepted: 1 October 2017
Donor status: friendly society
(Registered 23 October 2017)
Sole Trader, Christine Jardine Communications (inactive), media consultancy. (Registered 06 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)