Laura Smith’s voting in Parliament
Laura Smith is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Laura Smith’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Laura Smith’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Laura Smith’s full vote analysis page for more.
Laura Smith has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 May 2018
What steps he has taken to give Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs the appropriate powers and resources to tackle tax evasion.
Almost 15,000 HMRC and Valuation Office Agency jobs have been lost since 2010, and that is alongside tax office closures up and down the country. With potential changes to our customs border on the horizon, does the Chancellor not agree that now would be the time to invest in HMRC, and put a stop to all planned cuts and closures?
I am sorry, but it is completely disingenuous to say that this is a financial issue. For the Tories, boundary changes have always been about electoral maths.
More of Laura Smith’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Crewe and Nantwich
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department of Health and Social Care
- HM Treasury
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Transport
- Department of Health
- Social Services: Minimum Wage
- Social Services: Older People
- Perinatal Mortality
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (since 12 Jan 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Transport Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 5 Feb 2018)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 46 debates since joining Parliament — above average amongst MPs. See all Laura Smith’s speeches
- Has received answers to 68 written questions since joining Parliament — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 84.18% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 86 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Laura Smith’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 27 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from