Jamie Stone’s voting in Parliament
Jamie Stone is a Liberal Democrat MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Liberal Democrat MPs.
However, Jamie Stone sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Jamie Stone voted against reducing central government funding of local government, while most Liberal Democrat MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jamie Stone’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jamie Stone’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jamie Stone has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 21 Feb 2018
To ask the right hon. Member for Carshalton and Wallington, representing the House of Commons Commission, how much the House of Commons spent on (a) disposable cups, (b) disposable food containers and (c) disposable cutlery in each of the last three years.
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mr Hosie. I am grateful to the hon. Member for Blaenau Gwent (Nick Smith) for securing this important debate. I wish the NHS a very happy birthday. I cannot understand—I get angry—when I hear politicians on the other side of the Atlantic rubbishing the NHS as a service. It is one of the greatest achievements of this country and,...
I received a letter last week from Greater Manchester police that informed me that on 18 April I was involved in a vehicle collision in Salford and that, if I am convicted, I will face a fine of £1,000 and get six points on my licence. As many Members will testify, I was in this place on 18 April. This is a clear example of identity theft. Greater Manchester police have been most...
More of Jamie Stone’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Ministry of Defence
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Transport
- Department for International Trade
- Ministry of Defence: Empty Property
- Armed Forces: Bullying
- Ministry of Defence: Buildings
- Personal Independence Payment: Appeals
- Wind Power: Scotland
Currently held offices
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Armed Forces) (since 12 Oct 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Scotland) (16 Jun 2017 to 12 Oct 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 80 debates since joining Parliament — well above average amongst MPs. See all Jamie Stone’s speeches
- Has received answers to 42 written questions since joining Parliament — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 70.25% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 46 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jamie Stone’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 37 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 14 May 2018.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: More United Ltd
Address of donor: 32 Great Peter Street, London SW1P 2DB
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: company, registration 10285790.
(Registered 31 August 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in Edinburgh: (i) and (ii). (Registered 07 July 2017)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Highland Fine Houses Ltd; property company. (Registered 07 July 2017)
Company director (unpaid), Highland Fine Houses Ltd, in which I have a majority
shareholding. (Registered 07 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from