Afzal Khan’s voting in Parliament
Afzal Khan is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Afzal Khan’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Afzal Khan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Afzal Khan’s full vote analysis page for more.
Afzal Khan has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 May 2018
Money Resolutions for Private Members' Bills – Afzal Khan.
I seek leave to propose that the House should debate a specific and important matter that should have urgent consideration, namely the expectation that the Government table a money resolution to a private Member’s Bill that has received a Second Reading. Private Members’ Bills represent one of the few legislative powers that are open to Back Benchers, but the Government are making...
I beg to move, That the sittings resolution of 9 May be amended as follows: That, if proceedings on the Parliamentary Constituencies (Amendment) Bill are not completed at this day’s sitting, the Committee shall meet at 9.30 am on Wednesdays on which the House sits.
More of Afzal Khan’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Manchester, Gorton
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Cabinet Office
- Department for Digital
- Media and Sport
- Department for Education
- Immigrants: Detainees
- Personal Independence Payment
- UK Border Force
- Asylum: Disclosure of Information
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Home Office) (Immigration) (since 3 Jul 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 63 debates since joining Parliament — above average amongst MPs. See all Afzal Khan’s speeches
- Has received answers to 158 written questions since joining Parliament — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 89.87% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 32 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Afzal Khan’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 25 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 14 May 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments received from the European Parliament, Wiertzstraat 60, Brussels:
14 September 2017
, received £3,887.56 end of service payment. Hours: none since my election to the House of Commons. (Registered 04 October 2017
2. (a) Support linked to an MP but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: GMB
Address of donor: 22 Stephenson Way, Kings Cross, London NW1 2HD
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 05 July 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Dental surgery in Manchester, used by a family member: (i). (Registered 05 July 2017)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Mellor Jackson Solicitors; legal practice. (Registered 05 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from