Afzal Khan’s voting in Parliament
Afzal Khan is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Afzal Khan’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Afzal Khan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Afzal Khan’s full vote analysis page for more.
Afzal Khan has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
Parliamentary Constituencies (Amendment) Bill - 2nd reading – Afzal Khan.
What steps he is taking to promote human rights in discussions with his counterparts in other countries.
Similar to the horrors that we witnessed last year in eastern Aleppo in Syria, today, we are confronted with the brutal siege of eastern Ghouta by the Assad regime. What action will the Government take to protect civilians and to ensure compliance by reasonable actors with the human rights obligations, most particularly the Assad regime and its regime backers?
More of Afzal Khan’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Manchester, Gorton
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department of Health
- Department for International Development
- Personal Independence Payment
- Welfare in Detention of Vulnerable Persons Review
- Prescriptions: Exemptions
- Airports: Immigration Controls
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Home Office) (Immigration) (since 3 Jul 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 16 debates since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs. See all Afzal Khan’s speeches
- Has received answers to 49 written questions since joining Parliament — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 86.05% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 26 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Afzal Khan’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 5 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Nov 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments received from the European Parliament, Wiertzstraat 60, Brussels:
14 September 2017
, received £3,887.56 end of service payment. Hours: none since my election to the House of Commons. (Registered 04 October 2017
2. (a) Support linked to an MP but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: GMB
Address of donor: 22 Stephenson Way, Kings Cross, London NW1 2HD
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 05 July 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Dental surgery in Manchester, used by a family member: (i). (Registered 05 July 2017)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Mellor Jackson Solicitors; legal practice. (Registered 05 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from