To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, whether his Department will refund local authorities the cost of ensuring that all existing housing stock is made safe as a result of the Grenfell Tower fire.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, whether military equipment sold by the UK to Myanmar may be used by that country's armed forces in operations involving conflict with citizens of that country.
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what aid the Government is providing for refugees arriving in Bangladesh from Myanmar.
More of Afzal Khan’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Manchester, Gorton
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department of Health
- Home Office
- Department for International Development
- Ministry of Defence
- Prescriptions: Exemptions
- Burma: Rohingya
- Asylum: Applications
- Burma: Arms Trade
- Visas: Married People
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Home Office) (Immigration) (since 3 Jul 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 4 debates since joining Parliament — well below average amongst MPs. See all Afzal Khan’s speeches
- Has received answers to 10 written questions since joining Parliament — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 88.89% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 20 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Afzal Khan’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1 time in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Sep 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
14 June 2017
, received £7,438.69 final MEP
salary from the European Parliament, Wiertzstraat 60, Brussels. Hours: no hours since my election. (Registered 05 July 2017
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: GMB
Address of donor: 22 Stephenson Way, Kings Cross, London NW1 2HD
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 05 July 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Dental surgery in Manchester, used by a family member: (i). (Registered 05 July 2017)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Mellor Jackson Solicitors; legal practice. (Registered 05 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from