Stephen Morgan’s voting in Parliament
Stephen Morgan is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Stephen Morgan’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Stephen Morgan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Stephen Morgan’s full vote analysis page for more.
Stephen Morgan has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
I pay tribute to everyone who has spoken in this debate. I thank my hon. Friend the Member for Plymouth, Sutton and Devonport (Luke Pollard) for his important comments on the contribution that armed forces personnel make to local economies, and on the shortages for engineering jobs. I understand that that is also the case with chefs, and it is certainly an issue in Portsmouth too. I also...
I beg to move, That this House has considered armed forces pay. It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mr McCabe, and to have secured my first debate in Westminster Hall today, following my maiden speech in the main Chamber yesterday. Portsmouth has a proud military history. It is one of the most famous ports in the world and our association with the Royal Navy continues to go...
More of Stephen Morgan’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Portsmouth South
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 2 debates since joining Parliament — well below average amongst MPs. See all Stephen Morgan’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 77.78% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 89 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stephen Morgan’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Sep 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
21 June 2017
, received £354.67 as Chief Executive
of Basingstoke Voluntary Action, The Orchard, White Hart Lane, Basingstoke RG21 4AF. Hours: none since my election. I stood down from this role on 9 June 2017. (Registered 06 July 2017
30 June 2017, received £1,074 allowance as Councillor and Labour Group Leader from Portsmouth City Council, Civic Offices, Guildhall Walk, Portsmouth PO1 2AL. Hours: approx. 30 hrs since my election as an MP
(5-10 hrs a week). Allowance to be paid to local community initiatives. (Registered 06 July 2017)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Unite the Union
Address of donor: 128 Theobald's Road, London WC1X 8TN
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 06 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from