Julia Lopez’s voting in Parliament
Julia Lopez is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Julia Lopez’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Julia Lopez’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Julia Lopez’s full vote analysis page for more.
Julia Lopez has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 18 Dec 2017
I thank my hon. Friend for securing an extremely important debate. He talks about the trouble of diagnosing hidden cancers such as leukaemia in adults, but it is sometimes particularly difficult to diagnose cancers in children. Before Christmas I had a sad meeting with a constituent of mine whose daughter Isla Caton has neuroblastoma, a particularly vicious form of childhood cancer. He...
I am sorry, excuse me. Does my hon. Friend encourage tests from birth to diagnose these sorts of cancers?
My hon. Friend talks about the wider strain beyond the physical. Does he agree that a huge financial strain is often placed on families? The family in the case I raised earlier had to spend a lot of money on takeaway food, the congestion charge, parking and hotels just so their daughter could receive what can be very intensive treatment.
More of Julia Lopez’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Hornchurch and Upminster
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department of Health
- Department for Education
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- HM Treasury
- Familial Hypercholesterolaemia
- Work Experience: Disability
- Vocational Guidance: Disability
- Pensions: Direct Marketing
- Fly-tipping: Fines
Currently held offices
- Member, International Trade Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 15 debates since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs. See all Julia Lopez’s speeches
- Has received answers to 6 written questions since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 95.24% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 38 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Julia Lopez’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 10 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Jan 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
30 June 2017
, received £911.50 from London Borough
of Tower Hamlets, Mulberry Place, 5 Clove Crescent, London E14 2BG. Final allowance payment for my role as a Councillor. Hours: 25 hrs. (Registered 06 July 2017
2. (a) Support linked to an MP but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Anderson Group
Address of donor: Springfield Lodge, Colchester Road, Chelmsford CM2 5PW
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
Donor status: company, registration 03930713
(Registered 6 July 2017; updated 7 August 2017
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: All-Party Parliamentary China Group (with sponsorship from John Swire
& Sons, HSBC
, City of London, Cambridge Assessment, Arup, and EDF Energy
Address of donor: House of Commons
, London SW1A 0AA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights £908.56; accommodation £540.62; food and drink £67.12; meeting and hospitality expenses (inc. interpretation, venue hire) £110.84; total value £1,627.14
Destination of visit: China (Guangdong and Guangxi
Dates of visit: 6 – 10 November 2017
Purpose of visit: To strengthen relations between the UK Parliament
and the National People’s Congress of China; to support British businesses operating in China; and to deepen the understanding of parliamentarians of China.
(Registered 17 November 2017)
Trustee of Inspire Malawi, an education and development charity. (Registered 06 July 2017)
Councillor, London Borough of Tower Hamlets, Mulberry Place, 5 Clove Crescent, London E14 2BG. No allowances received since 30 June 2017. (Registered 06 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from