Wera Hobhouse’s voting in Parliament
Wera Hobhouse is a Liberal Democrat MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Liberal Democrat MPs.
This is a random selection of Wera Hobhouse’s votes.
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
1 vote for, 3 votes against, in 2020.
Generally voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 6 votes against, 4 absences, between 2021–2022.
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
50 votes for, 9 votes against, 9 absences, between 2017–2022.
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2020.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Consistently voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, between 2019–2022.
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2021–2022.
Last updated: 18 May 2022.
Learn more about our voting records and what they mean.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Wera Hobhouse’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Wera Hobhouse’s full vote analysis page for more.
Wera Hobhouse has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, when he plans to introduce legislative proposals to (a) create Great British railways and (b) progress contractual reforms for train operators.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs, if he will take steps to publish international climate finance disbursement data as part of future reports on (a) UK climate finance results and (b) statistics on international development.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what progress his Department has made on the delivery plan for recovering urgent and emergency care services.
More of Wera Hobhouse’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Bath
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Department for Transport
- Home Office
- Department for Education
- School Fruit and Vegetable Scheme
- Eating Disorders: Mental Health Services
- Tax Avoidance
- Police: Cameras
- Climate Change
Currently held offices
- Member, Restoration and Renewal Programme Board Committee (since 7 Feb 2023)
- Member, Worker Protection (Amendment of Equality Act 2010) Bill Committee (since 16 Nov 2022)
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Transport) (since 11 Jul 2022)
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Energy and Climate Change) (since 11 Jul 2022)
- Liberal Democrat Shadow Leader of the House of Commons (since 7 Sep 2020)
Other offices held in the past
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Justice) (7 Sep 2020 to 10 Jul 2022)
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Women and Equalities) (7 Sep 2020 to 10 Jul 2022)
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Energy) (6 Jan 2020 to 7 Sep 2020)
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Transport) (21 Aug 2019 to 6 Jan 2020)
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Justice) (7 Feb 2019 to 21 Aug 2019)
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Environment and Climate Change) (7 Feb 2019 to 7 Sep 2020)
- Member, Committee on the Future Relationship with the European Union (11 Sep 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Housing, Communities and Local Government) (16 Jun 2017 to 8 Feb 2019)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 May 2023.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Two separate houses in Rochdale Metropolitan Borough, owned jointly with my husband: (i) and (ii). (Registered 05 July 2017)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Compotex GmbH; technical textile finishing. (Registered 05 July 2017)
Trustee, Norden Community Trust. (Registered 05 July 2017)
Patron, Bath Festivals. (Registered 05 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)