To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, when the Government plans to publish its plan for how the UK will achieve net zero emissions by 2050.
To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer, what fiscal steps his Department is taking to support the UK's transition to a low-carbon economy; and what his policy is on the future of carbon pricing in the UK.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what plans the Government has to support electricity network companies as they work to enable the transition to a low carbon economy.
More of Giles Watling’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Clacton
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 6 November 2019 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
- Department for Education
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Ministry of Housing
- Communities and Local Government
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Apprentices: Low Incomes
- Candidates: Females
- Carbon Emissions
- *No heading*
- Dogs: Animal Breeding
Other offices held in the past
- Member, DCMS Sub-Committee on Disinformation (12 Mar 2019 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 12 Sep 2017)
- Member, Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 36 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Giles Watling’s speeches
- Has received answers to 39 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 90.06% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 47 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 57 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Nov 2019.
1. Employment and earnings
From 6 April 2017 to 2 May 2019, councillor and cabinet
member, Tendring District Council, Town Hall, Station Road, Clacton CO15 1SE. From 20 September 2017, I received a monthly allowance of £431.08. Hours: approx. 8 hrs a week. (Registered 04 July 2017; updated 12 and 20 December 2017 and 20 May 2019)
Name of donor: Conservative Friends of Israel Ltd (CFI
Address of donor: Blick Rothenberg, 7-10 Chandos Street, London W1G 9DG
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Air travel, accommodation and hospitality with a value of £2,500
Destination of visit: Israel and the West Bank
Dates of visit: 28 July – 2 August 2019
Purpose of visit: Fact finding political delegation.
(Registered 24 September 2019)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Half share in shop with flat above, in Epping: (i). (Registered 4 July 2017; updated 18 December 2017)
Trustee of the Patricia Watling Trust; a trust which benefits members of my family. (Registered 04 July 2017)
I received two tickets for the FA Cup Final
on 18 May 2019, total value £250, from the Football Association, Wembley Stadium, PO
Box 1966, London HA9 0WS. (Registered 21 May 2019)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)