Although wind turbines play an important part in the nation’s energy mix, it is alleged that the quality of life and health of some rural residents is adversely affected by noise emissions. Are the current noise limits and recording methodologies sufficient—I am referring to low-frequency noise and infrasound—or should the methodologies be reviewed?
I thank the hon. Gentleman for giving way. Will you tell the House what powers will be taken away from Scotland with this Bill? Will you detail the powers that we are taking away—
More of Bill Grant’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Ayr, Carrick and Cumnock
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Scotland Office
- Space Technology: Ayrshire
- Local Growth Deals: Ayrshire
Currently held offices
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (since 11 Sep 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 6 debates since joining Parliament — well below average amongst MPs. See all Bill Grant’s speeches
- Has received answers to 2 written questions since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 14–15 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 76 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Bill Grant’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Sep 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Susan Fraser
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
Donor status: individual
(Registered 28 June 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Residential property in South Ayrshire
co-owned with my wife and inhabited by family members: (i). (Registered 28 June 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from