Bill Grant’s voting in Parliament
Bill Grant is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Bill Grant’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Bill Grant’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Bill Grant’s full vote analysis page for more.
Bill Grant has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 21 Feb 2018
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship this morning, Mr Hosie. I congratulate the hon. Member for Blaenau Gwent (Nick Smith) on securing this important celebratory debate. On 5 July this year we will mark 70 years of the NHS across the whole of the United Kingdom. Although now a devolved matter, the same core principle of safe, effective, person-centred care applies and it...
I thank my hon. Friend for that intervention. I was being extremely kind today to my colleagues in the Labour party. The war prevented the launch at that time, but the general principle and the welcoming of a national health service has been good for the United Kingdom. Finally, a line from a Robert Burns poem that was penned more than two centuries ago in 1780. It is four verses long but I...
I intervene for fear that people in the Chamber today think that the hon. Gentleman’s voice is for all of Scotland. It is not for all of Scotland—it is for a small part—and Scotland may not be proud of his behaviour in the Chamber today.
More of Bill Grant’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Ayr, Carrick and Cumnock
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Scotland Office
- Cabinet Office
- Department for Transport
- Space Technology: Ayrshire
- Local Growth Deals: Ayrshire
- Space Technology: Licensing
Currently held offices
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (since 11 Sep 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 71 debates since joining Parliament — well above average amongst MPs. See all Bill Grant’s speeches
- Has received answers to 4 written questions since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 93.04% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 88 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Bill Grant’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 41 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 14 May 2018.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Susan Fraser
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
Donor status: individual
(Registered 28 June 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Residential property in South Ayrshire
co-owned with my wife and inhabited by family members: (i). (Registered 28 June 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from