Bill Grant’s voting in Parliament
Bill Grant is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Bill Grant’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Bill Grant’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Bill Grant’s full vote analysis page for more.
Bill Grant has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
I share the desire that people be able to purchase their own home. I have a niece who lived in a council flat until two years ago. She chose to purchase that flat before the Scottish Government banned the sale of council houses, which would have denied her home ownership. In purchasing her flat, she saved herself £150 a month.
Like many constituencies in Scotland, Ayr, Carrick and Cumnock has very poor coverage of broadband. Does the hon. Gentleman agree that there are many fragile communities in Scotland with falling school rolls, poor transport, shops closing and pubs closing, and that an efficient level of broadband is essential to secure the future of those fragile rural communities?
To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office, what discussions he has had with representatives of the devolved governments on maintaining the union after the UK leaves the EU.
More of Bill Grant’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Ayr, Carrick and Cumnock
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Scotland Office
- Space Technology: Ayrshire
- Local Growth Deals: Ayrshire
Currently held offices
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (since 11 Sep 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 14 debates since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs. See all Bill Grant’s speeches
- Has received answers to 2 written questions since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 95.83% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 14–15 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 81 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Bill Grant’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 7 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Nov 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Susan Fraser
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
Donor status: individual
(Registered 28 June 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Residential property in South Ayrshire
co-owned with my wife and inhabited by family members: (i). (Registered 28 June 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from