It is an honour to participate in this debate and a pleasure to follow my hon. Friend the Member for York Central (Rachael Maskell). We were told last year by both the Prime Minister and the Chancellor that austerity is over. I beg to differ, because austerity is alive and well in Peterborough. Our revenue support grant is just £10 million this year, which means that it has been cut by more...
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what his policy is on police forces passing to his Department information on victims of trafficking offences who are in the UK unlawfully in order to facilitate their deportation.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what are the minimum standards of (a) physical accommodation and (b) assistance G4S are required to provide to asylum seekers under the terms of their contract with the Home Office.
More of Fiona Onasanya’s recent appearances
Former Independent MP for Peterborough
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 1 May 2019 — Removed from office by a recall petition
Party was Labour until 3 Jan 2019
Topics of interest
- Department for International Development
- Home Office
- Ministry of Justice
- Department for Digital
- Media and Sport
- Department of Health
- Developing Countries: Leprosy
- Football: Racial Discrimination
- Asylum: Housing
- Universal Credit
- Deportation: Human Trafficking
Other offices held in the past
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (18 Jan 2018 to 20 Dec 2018)
- Member, Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 5 Feb 2018)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Fiona Onasanya’s speeches
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 38.46% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 59 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 24 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 23 Apr 2019.
1. Employment and earnings
Payment of £200 expected from Ipsos MORI
, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW, for a survey completed on 3 July 2018. Hours: 1 hr. Fee will be paid direct to charities. (Registered 10 July 2018)
Trustee of YMCA
East Herts. (Registered 05 July 2017)
On 7 July 2018, I received a year's free membership of Opportunity Peterborough
, a bond holder network. The value of this benefit is below registrable value. (Registered 12 July 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)